• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/27/23 9am on Peacock) Canning on the mound, Schanuel out again

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Canning had a great outing.

That and Luis Rengifo continues to establish himself as one of the best leadoff men in the AL. 

Rengifo: .344/.400/.594 .994 OPS hitting leadoff. 

I wonder once Schanuel is back what they do there? Rengifo clearly blows in comparison at other spots in the lineup compared to leadoff. 

Could the Angels go with this lineup going forward?

SS Rengifo

1B Schanuel

DH Ohtani

2B Drury

3B Moustakas

C O'Hoppe

Just now, drpiranha said:

That is Lopez 6th blown save this year to go with 6 saves. Estevez has 28 saves and 2 blown saves. Those that tried to anoint Lopez as the closer over Estevez are out of their minds.

Ehh.  Blown saves for middle relievers aren't all that relevant, though.  They're more likely to blow a save due to when they come in the game (point being, they sometimes get credited with a "blown save" even though there's no chance they would have remained in the game to get an ACTUAL save, anyway).  It's a weird quirk of the scoring rules.

As far as I can tell, this is only the second "blown save" that he's had this year that was in a true save situation.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

That and Luis Rengifo continues to establish himself as one of the best leadoff men in the AL. 

Rengifo: .344/.400/.594 .994 OPS hitting leadoff. 

I wonder once Schanuel is back what they do there? Rengifo clearly blows in comparison at other spots in the lineup compared to leadoff. 

Could the Angels go with this lineup going forward?

SS Rengifo

1B Schanuel

DH Ohtani

2B Drury

3B Moustakas

C O'Hoppe

Yeah, that's probably what I'd do for the top 3 for the rest of the season.  Just let it ride like that and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ehh.  Blown saves for middle relievers aren't all that relevant, though.  They're more likely to blow a save due to when they come in the game (point being, they sometimes get credited with a "blown save" even though there's no chance they would have remained in the game to get an ACTUAL save, anyway).  It's a weird quirk of the scoring rules.

As far as I can tell, this is only the second "blown save" that he's had this year that was in a true save situation.

Sorry...Actually this wasn't a save situation, either.

4 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

If Grichuk keeps hitting .144 it is. He's put up much worse offensive numbers in an Angels' uniform than Flether, Stefanic, Escobar and Velazquez have this year.

Grichuk and Cron really have no business being on the team in September. I'd say the same thing for Renfroe. Cut all three of them and let them get picked up by another team in contention. 

Just let Cabbage play RF and Adams play LF and platoon with Mickey Moniak once Trout is back ...if he comes back.

Adams sucked defensively in his first stint with the Angels but everyone I talked to says he's an above average outfielder defensively with good range. I say see what you got in your own guys, not dudes that won't be around next year. 

24 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Grichuk and Cron really have no business being on the team in September. I'd say the same thing for Renfroe. Cut all three of them and let them get picked up by another team in contention. 

Just let Cabbage play RF and Adams play LF and platoon with Mickey Moniak once Trout is back ...if he comes back.

Adams sucked defensively in his first stint with the Angels but everyone I talked to says he's an above average outfielder defensively with good range. I say see what you got in your own guys, not dudes that won't be around next year. 

i'm okay with this idea.