• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Manager / GM Candidates

Hubs

13 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

It pains me that you’re quoting my story but instead of quoting my story (which is published on here for free), you’re using the link of the clowns who steal all of my stories. 

19 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

That was shit you didn't even need Baseball Savant to see how bad it was. It just confirmed what your eyes and brain saw. 

It was like he was actually deliberately going against the scouting because he didn't like it. 

Well to be fair if you know the hitter and which side they hit from. 

And if you're calling the pitches. It's pretty easy to defense your infield and outfield.

Always centerfielder left or right of the 2nd base bag depending on the hitter side.

Third deep and pull righty or Third even and off the bag for a Lefty.

Shortstop hole or 2 steps from normal spot usually on the grass to start. They should step on to the dirt from motion.

2nd always played mine 2-3 steps on the grass. For either hitter no base runners. Double play depth with runner on 1st. Maybe a little shifted depending on the hitter side.

1st base always deep or even with the bag and off. Or holding the runner on.

This isn't rocket science.

IF I call an outside slider to a right handed hitter and the pitcher hits his spot it will either be a meh ground ball to the left side or if they go with it a 1 or 2 hopper to my 2nd baseman 2 steps off the grass. Or a fly ball into right.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Baseball has moved on from 1970. The shift is based on more than right,left hand pitcher batter match ups. 

It should also be based on pitchers that can hit their spots with the exact pitch called within the sequence to get the desired outcome.

Which is getting an out.

Just because you set your defense a certain way there is more than that in an outcome.

Is the pitcher committed to that pitch in the sequence, that location, will he be able to execute it.... Do you have a young pitcher that doesn't have the Best mechanics or a repeatable delivery? Does he have any clue where the ball is going? IF he over throws, front side leaks, his elbow drops and he pushes the ball as he drives to the plate the ball will also be flat!

A DEFENSES SUCCESS is also tied to the INDIVIDUAL performance and outcome of a pitcher successfully hitting their spot and executing the pitch for the desired outcome.

Of course there is more!

Haven't even got into defensive player injuries day to day nagging hammy or back stuff can your infielder get to the ball and make the play?

COME ON!!!

I didnt notice any mention of my managerial candidate in this thread but my apologies if it has. I think if Arte and Perry are looking for a hard core baseball guy on a budget then Gary DiSarcina seems to fit the  bill. A combination of accrued knowledge on and off the field , toughness and Angel legacy gets my vote. Well respected bench coach to a historical frachise just adds to his resume. I bet he would jump at the opportunity.  (I hope).

12 minutes ago, johndw52 said:

I didnt notice any mention of my managerial candidate in this thread but my apologies if it has. I think if Arte and Perry are looking for a hard core baseball guy on a budget then Gary DiSarcina seems to fit the  bill. A combination of accrued knowledge on and off the field , toughness and Angel legacy gets my vote. Well respected bench coach to a historical frachise just adds to his resume. I bet he would jump at the opportunity.  (I hope).

@Inside Pitch any thoughts? (This should be good)

9 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Now that Tamin is gone, they will need someone that knows how to manage a Bullpen. 

I hope we get someone that has flexibility and realizes that losing games in April and May to save arms for August and September doesn't always pan out.

I agree with the concept but don't believe this was ever the intention with BP usage.  

On 8/15/2023 at 3:40 PM, Swordsman78 said:

I won't be wrong. 

On 8/15/2023 at 5:10 PM, Swordsman78 said:

Your takes on this are going to look awful in a few months.  But since you are posting with the emotions of a teen age girl, its bound to bite you in the butt eventually.   Pro tip....Just stop. 

You were saying?