• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Giants @ Angels (August 7th, 2023)

Chuck

12-game losing streak last year cost Maddon his job.  27-29 record was “unacceptable”…

This season, we’ve seen a couple of “streaks.”  One streak the ballclub lost nine outta 10….and currently we are in the midst of a seven game losing streak. 

As of now, they are sitting on a 56-58 record (which is like going 28-29 TWICE) 

This is acceptable because Nevin is more open to implementing “analytics?”…..

Okay…I get it 😂

35 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Getting close to betting the first person to take me up on it, an EIGHTH straight losing season.

Prediction the next games:  2-6, making them 58-64 and 2-13 in past 15 games.

Might as well be 2022 again.

And 2019 too, same exact 54-49 record and then TOTALLY folding like a house of cards.

It took 12 in a row to can Madden. We only need 5 more.

Grichuk is supposed to be a good outfielder?

Twice in the last few games his judgment about fly balls hit at him have been big reasons for losses. 

Even with the lead in the ninth it never felt safe. Estevez over achieved most of the year  and the law of averages has caught up with him. Ironically, not long after his all star appearance. 

Firing Nevin wouldn't change the direction of the team now with all the misfits filling in and morale in the pits. Too late for that.  He'd be an easy scapegoat. And an easy excuse for players to avoid responsibility. More mistakes and failures have come from the in game on field play of the players. But they do need a change next year.

We see it when they play better teams, who keep coming through in the clutch and take advantage of mistakes or better talent and depth. 

Better just slink into the off-season, and reassess the entire organization. Ohtani's loss will be inevitable but easier to understand after the way this year has gone. At best they are a .500 team. Even that may be hard to achieve unless healthy bodies return. 

7 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Nevin postgame interview - “we’ve got some down guys”

We’ll players have to show up 

going something like 10 for their last 90 w risp is pathetic . Nevin‘s fault?

I honestly don’t care if he stays or goes 

but these players have been pathetic for a week

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

once the angels are out of the postseason i actually prefer the pain. i think it's more entertaining to see their limitless bottom.

2001, lost 19 of our final 21 games.

Then 6-14 to start 2002.

Then...glory. But those were different players then. We don't have men like Erstad, Salmon, Glaus, Eckstein, Percival etc. Not even close.

We started winning and it was contagious. A winning spirit took over this team.