• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Injuries

For the longest time I have been critical of Arte Moreno for not loosening the purse strings. Even though I think the Rendon contract is a bust, I think he has done well to help his team win. We all want to point fingers at what we think is keeping us from winning but I don’t think Arte should be singled out. We should look at the devastating impact of our many injuries.

7 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

With the constant flow of players going to and from the DL and back.... I would also question the Medical and Training staffs....

There's definitely something going on here given the yearly injuries to pretty much everyone regardless of age, injury history, etc. With Arte's history of being cheap it wouldn't surprise me if we're cutting costs in that department too. 

27 minutes ago, NrM said:

cry baby GIF

every single year blaming the injures

what about when we were completely healthy earlier in the year and still playing garbage .500 baseball.

The good teams overcome the injuries. 

That is laughable. 

Angels are sixth in injury if you measure is by Spotrac’s injured lost cash totals.  In other words, how many $$ a team has paid out this year to players who were/are injured.

No excuses.

Several of the teams with even more injuries to key players are well ahead of us in the standings.

We have no depth because we have no farm.

32 minutes ago, LaPalma said:

Several of the teams with even more injuries to key players are well ahead of us in the standings.

Key players? The entire infield has been rotated in and out along with two outfielders. Rendon has missed most of the season, Urshela lost for the rest of the season, Walsh lost for the rest of the season after only playing 27 games. Fletcher unable to play at MLB level since hip surgery, Neto on and off the IL for various injuries and Drury finally back in the lineup after missing all of July. Ward out for the season and Trout will miss eight weeks of the season. They are all key players including Stassi and O'Hoppe that forces us to use Thaiss as the primary and Wallach as the backup. 

Please post the teams and key players you think are the equivalent of what the Angels have gone through so far if you think what you are saying is true. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Key players? You dimwit the entire infield has been rotated in and out along with two outfielders. Rendon has missed most of the season, Urshela lost for the rest of the season, Walsh lost for the rest of the season after only playing 27 games. Fletcher unable to play at MLB level since hip surgery, Neto on and off the IL for various injuries and Drury finally back in the lineup after missing all of July. Ward out for the season and Trout will miss eight weeks of the season. They are all key players including Stassi and O'Hoppe that forces us to use Thaiss as the primary and Wallach as the backup. 

Please post the teams and key players you think are the equivalent of what the Angels have gone through so far if you think what you are saying is true. 

He’s about to tell you that you aren’t successful, also you can ask questions but he won’t actually answer them. 

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Key players? The entire infield has been rotated in and out along with two outfielders. Rendon has missed most of the season, Urshela lost for the rest of the season, Walsh lost for the rest of the season after only playing 27 games. Fletcher unable to play at MLB level since hip surgery, Neto on and off the IL for various injuries and Drury finally back in the lineup after missing all of July. Ward out for the season and Trout will miss eight weeks of the season. They are all key players including Stassi and O'Hoppe that forces us to use Thaiss as the primary and Wallach as the backup. 

I told you the source, Spotrac.  Go look yourself.

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Nope, I'm not validating your assertion. Bring some real facts or just admit you don't understand the difference between payroll and players. 

I don’t need to spoon feed you.  If you can’t understand that more highly paid players tend to be better, and if lost $$ to injuries it is a good indicator, then I really don’t care.  Those are real facts.  You can’t grasp them or are in denial, your problem.

12 hours ago, LaPalma said:

I don’t need to spoon feed you.  If you can’t understand that more highly paid players tend to be better, and if lost $$ to injuries it is a good indicator, then I really don’t care.  Those are real facts.  You can’t grasp them or are in denial, your problem.

Trout and Rendon are two of the highest paid players in baseball. Now, instead of dodging, show where any team has endured more starting lineup injuries than the Angels for both frequency and duration. Or can you not grasp the difference between losing an entire core group of the lineup over a couple of over priced players? If you can't then please move on, you are bringing nothing relevant to the discussion.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Trout and Rendon are two of the highest paid players in baseball. Now, instead of dodging, show where any team has endured more starting lineup injuries than the Angels for both frequency and duration. Or can you not grasp the difference between losing an entire core group of the lineup over a couple of over priced players? If you can't then please move on, you are bringing nothing relevant to the discussion.

Trout and Rendon were on track for a combined five WAR.  Quit pretending it was some huge loss.  Rendon is a 0 WAR player and Trout is a 3 WAR or less player, three out of the last four seasons.  He was on track for five.

NYY lost last year’s WAR leader, Judge, plus a ton of others.  His 11.5 WAR are more than Trout Rendon and just about every other player we lost combined.

Houston lost far more WAR than us.  If you can’t add that’s your problem.

I’ve added more than you (zero)  and told you where to find quantifiable data on injuries by team.

I’m right, you’re wrong, keep deflecting.

What a fucking joke.  So Trout who was already a 3 WAR player this year, was only going to get 3 WAR or less even though he had a 6.1 WAR last year, but the guy who had 11.5 WAR last year was going to repeat it?  Sure, we are the ones that are wrong, not you, got it.  

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What a fucking joke.  So Trout who was already a 3 WAR player this year, was only going to get 3 WAR or less even though he had a 6.1 WAR last year, but the guy who had 11.5 WAR last year was going to repeat it?  Sure, we are the ones that are wrong, not you, got it.  

I said he was on track for five.  Be mad at yourself for having poor reading comprehension skills.