• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next Move?

9 hours ago, OhtaniSan said:

I think Hader would be a perfect fit, the big question is the cost. 

Could Adell serve as a centerpiece in a Hader trade?

I feel Adell has rebuilt his value to about where Moniak was in last years Syndergaard deal. 

Perhaps Adell and J. Sanchez for Hader?

I am not sure what he would cost, but I agree that Hader would be a prime target.  He'd probably be my #1 option at this point.

So, let's say target a trade for Hader and Candelario.  

Backend of the BP becomes Estevez, Hader, Lopez, Moore.  Soriano, Webb, and Loup would essentially occupy the middle innings.   Barria serves in the long relief role.

With Candelario, they'd roll with him at 3B and Moose at 1B vs RHP.  Moose sits vs LHP and some combination of Drury and Rengifo can play 1B/2B.

I'd like Bellinger, but with Moniak raking and Trout hopefully coming back in the upcoming weeks, his services may be less needed than the above options.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

I am not sure what he would cost, but I agree that Hader would be a prime target.  He'd probably be my #1 option at this point.

So, let's say target a trade for Hader and Candelario.  

Backend of the BP becomes Estevez, Hader, Lopez, Moore.  Soriano, Webb, and Loup would essentially occupy the middle innings.   Barria serves in the long relief role.

With Candelario, they'd roll with him at 3B and Moose at 1B vs RHP.  Moose sits vs LHP and some combination of Drury and Rengifo can play 1B/2B.

I'd like Bellinger, but with Moniak raking and Trout hopefully coming back in the upcoming weeks, his services may be less needed than the above options.

My only reservations with Hader are 1. The prospect cost and 2. Estevez has flat out not done well in non save situations, who is to say he would keep the same effectiveness if he moved to an 8th inning guy. 

edited so Blarg can remove his tampon about not placing an S after reservations. 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

My only reservation with Hader is 1. The prospect cost and 2. Estevez has flat out not done well in non save situations, who is to say he would keep the same effectiveness if he moved to an 8th inning guy. 

We'll have to see.  But we could, alternatively, have the closing duties rotate with the portion of the lineup that is due up (i.e. LHH or RHH), given we have two dominant relievers to close out games.

I would opt to err on the side of acquiring shutdown talent and let things get figured out thereafter.  

25 minutes ago, TroutField said:

My only reservation with Hader is 1. The prospect cost and 2. Estevez has flat out not done well in non save situations, who is to say he would keep the same effectiveness if he moved to an 8th inning guy. 

You seem to have difficulty with the concept of singular and plural reservations. It's like saying your only girlfriend is 1) Suzie and 2) Mary. 

So which is your only reservation? 

Or girlfriend for that matter. 

23 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You seem to have difficulty with the concept of singular and plural reservations. It's like saying your only girlfriend is 1) Suzie and 2) Mary. 

So which is your only reservation? 

Or girlfriend for that matter. 

I threw in the prospect cost part at the last minute and didn’t go back and correct the first part. 1 post and I have difficulty with singular and plural? 

this is a baseball website and you take time out of your day to give me an English lesson? All the other shit to celebrate that happened today and you choose to single out a single post? 

weird shit, dude 

Would you do something like Sandoval for Hader and Snell?

Not necessarily suggesting that exact trade, but would you flip Sandoval for two impact rentals, seeing as how there ain’t much left to trade from on the farm.

Seeing as how I doubt they’d want to move Ward, Sandoval, Rengifo…the only guys on the MLB club (and actually contributing) with actual trade value and theoretical internal replacements, and since there isn’t much prospect capital left, I have to think remaining moves are gonna be pretty marginal or will involve eating a lot of salary (Contreras, Goldschmidt, Verlander/Scherzer)

Edited by totdprods

Kind of a moot point, but I feel like the package they sent over to the white Sox could have netted Snell and Hader. 

At least by the trade value website, it would have been more than enough value. 

Edit: plus, catcher is definitely a position of need for the Padres.

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

15 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Kind of a moot point, but I feel like the package they sent over to the white Sox could have netted Snell and Hader. 

At least by the trade value website, it would have been more than enough value. 

Edit: plus, catcher is definitely a position of need for the Padres.

Snell has been amazing but not really known for pitching deep into games, if I remember correctly. The thought process was probably to get a good starter that can go deep into games and minimize the use of the bullpen. 

14 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Snell has been amazing but not really known for pitching deep into games, if I remember correctly. The thought process was probably to get a good starter that can go deep into games and minimize the use of the bullpen. 

We’re also lefty heavy, both rotation and pen.