• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon shut down for at least 2 more weeks, internal bleeding discovered

mmc

It really sucks that he's hurt again.  I can certainly understand the frustration from many in this thread and on the forum in general.  The thing is, based on comments from his manager and members of the press, he wants to be out there, and is clearly frustrated that he can't be available.  Now, I have no idea what it's like to be a professional athlete, but I can't imagine these folks didn't get were they were by being complacent.  Most athletes seem like outliers in their profession, often putting in long hours honing their craft to get where they are. 

Like I said, I'm not a professional athlete.  I'm not even an amateur athlete, lol.  But I've had debilitating injuries before, most often with my back.  Man, when that lower back acts up and I'm turtled on my back on the bed and I need help from my wife getting upright, I wish more than anything that I was able to function. 

I hope he gets the help he needs to get back on the field soon. 

On 7/22/2023 at 3:27 PM, PattyD22 said:

It is.  It’s just odd that it takes 3 weeks to discover it, especially when the patient has complained that it was still sore.  Baffling. 

Even the Angels medical staff was assuming he was just being a bitch like he usually is.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Even the Angels medical staff was assuming he was just being a bitch like he usually is.

“Oh that’s just Rendon being a bitch again”.  That sounds about right. 
Rendon is better suited for softball than baseball at this point.  What could we get from a softball league for him?

Give me all the troll emojis that you would like.

I have done a little digging and have not found one case of internal bleeding from a ball hit off the shin in recent baseball history.

Again there was a initial X-ray and although it makes sense that some kind of bleeding was not evident at that time or developed at a later date, I have not found one case.

I'm not a doctor,but I am. NDT industrial radiographer and a fracture in a piece of metal is no different looking on a X-ray than a fracture in a bone.

1 minute ago, REDneck said:

I have done a little digging and have not found one case of internal bleeding from a ball hit off the shin in recent baseball history.

Again there was a initial X-ray and although it makes sense that some kind of bleeding was not evident at that time or developed at a later date, I have not found one case.

I'm not a doctor,but I am. NDT industrial radiographer and a fracture in a piece of metal is no different looking on a X-ray than a fracture in a bone.

But….did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night? 

8 minutes ago, REDneck said:

You are not a doctor and this was an MRI not an x-ray. So stay in your lane, dude. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You are not a doctor and this was an MRI not an x-ray. So stay in your lane, dude. 

I said I wasn't a Dr...and at least I put on my blinker before I changed lanes.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

7tjc8c.gif

First of all it looks like Euro tags on that car...second see that big storm cloud on the right?..it's holding and about to dump.

So maybe that Euro made the right decision.

10 hours ago, halomatt said:

It really sucks that he's hurt again.  I can certainly understand the frustration from many in this thread and on the forum in general.  The thing is, based on comments from his manager and members of the press, he wants to be out there, and is clearly frustrated that he can't be available.  Now, I have no idea what it's like to be a professional athlete, but I can't imagine these folks didn't get were they were by being complacent.  Most athletes seem like outliers in their profession, often putting in long hours honing their craft to get where they are. 

Like I said, I'm not a professional athlete.  I'm not even an amateur athlete, lol.  But I've had debilitating injuries before, most often with my back.  Man, when that lower back acts up and I'm turtled on my back on the bed and I need help from my wife getting upright, I wish more than anything that I was able to function. 

I hope he gets the help he needs to get back on the field soon. 

I don't know either way what Rendon wants. What the coaches/media says it's irrelevant though. You really think a player would say, "I'm not really that injured, I just don't feel like playing!"? He gives off those vibes, but he also has to deal with the coaches and fellow teammates. It's not that hard to over exaggerate an injury while still acting like you care.

That being said, there's no way to tell with rendon. All we know is that he's a guy who almost never dealt with injury, chose to go to the Angels to avoid "the Hollywood lifestyle", and then has been consistently injured.

How in the fuck can a non-moron adult human think that Rendon is not injured? There's clear visual evidence of a high velocity baseball making direct contact with his shin. Just as there was clear evidence of the pitch hitting his wrist. It just seems to say a lot more about the thinker than the thinkee

3 hours ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

I don't know either way what Rendon wants. What the coaches/media says it's irrelevant though. You really think a player would say, "I'm not really that injured, I just don't feel like playing!"? He gives off those vibes, but he also has to deal with the coaches and fellow teammates. It's not that hard to over exaggerate an injury while still acting like you care.

That being said, there's no way to tell with rendon. All we know is that he's a guy who almost never dealt with injury, chose to go to the Angels to avoid "the Hollywood lifestyle", and then has been consistently injured.

You might want to fact check this. He was oft injured in DC as well. I’m sure he’s faking internal bone bleeding like one often does. 

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

You might want to fact check this. He was oft injured in DC as well. I’m sure he’s faking internal bone bleeding like one often does. 

He had one year where he missed significant time. One out of 6 years. Only other stuff I found was in 2018 he fouled a ball of his toe and missed a few games. Still played 136 games that year. So maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't seem like much of an extensive injury history. 

I'm not saying he's faking the extent of this injury. Merely pointing out that what his coaches and/or teammates say about his desire to play doesn't really mean anything. And also pointing out the fact that he hasn't been able to play even half a season (with the exception of a short 2020) since he got here. 

I was listening to MLB radio the other day and they were talking about how a lot of players used to just play through injuries. I think at this point in his career, Rendon doesn't play through one ounce of discomfort. The second he feels something he's on the IL and he won't come off until he's 100% comfortable. That's just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

He had one year where he missed significant time. One out of 6 years. Only other stuff I found was in 2018 he fouled a ball of his toe and missed a few games. Still played 136 games that year. So maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't seem like much of an extensive injury history. 

I'm not saying he's faking the extent of this injury. Merely pointing out that what his coaches and/or teammates say about his desire to play doesn't really mean anything. And also pointing out the fact that he hasn't been able to play even half a season (with the exception of a short 2020) since he got here. 

I was listening to MLB radio the other day and they were talking about how a lot of players used to just play through injuries. I think at this point in his career, Rendon doesn't play through one ounce of discomfort. The second he feels something he's on the IL and he won't come off until he's 100% comfortable. That's just my opinion. 

So he should just play through internal bleeding?

Just now, mmc said:

So he should just play through internal bleeding?

That isn't my point at all. I'm speaking about his whole history with the Angels. No, he shouldn't play through internal bleeding. Yes, I think he'll milk the injury for as long as possible. 

This injury wouldn't be as frustrating if it weren't for the dozen others, including several "strains". And he always seems to be on the furthest end of potential return dates. 

I'm not trying to argue that he's faking this injury or should play through it. Someone mentioned that Nevin and others had commented about his desire to play. I only pointed out that there comments are meaningless because of course he's not going to openly state he doesn't care or want to play anymore. I'm also not saying for a fact that he doesn't care. It's my opinion that he doesn't.

I also think he milks every injury. Obviously this is worse than originally thought, but I have no doubt he'll milk it. In other words, I think most players with the same injury would be back sooner than he will. Again, it's just my opinion. 

He looks very apathetic when he plays.

53 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

He looks very apathetic when he plays.

I remember when the Angels traded a guy that didn't show enough intensity when the team was failing pretty hard. Came to the locker room listening to his music and overall pretty relaxed. He was having a terrible injury ridden season and was well below his career norms but he wasn't turning over buffet tables or killing water jugs in the dugout. Glaus was having a down year as well but wasn't injured, instead the front office focused on this guy as being the problem. 

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcREkK2e_8yBPLV

That was stupid.