• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon shut down for at least 2 more weeks, internal bleeding discovered

mmc

12 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I've said this before, but I just cannot imagine any realistic scenario in which Rendon would be traded, even if the Angels could get him to waive his no-trade clause.  He has 3 years and almost $120M left on his contract.  Angels would probably have to eat 80% of that and throw in Neto, O'Hoppe, or Quero, just to get the conversation started.

And there's no "settlement" allowed in baseball.  The only way the Angels can get off the hook would be if Rendon voluntarily retired.

It’s just a matter of when they decide it’s worth eating shit on the money to free up the roster spot.  

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Angels medical staff. A joke.

Trout's "calf sprain" was announced as a tear months later.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know.  I don’t really give a shit about other teams and therefore couldn’t possibly be bothered to notice this type of thing.  But do other teams have players who are hurt as routinely misdiagnosed as the Angels apparently do? Like what the fuck is going on with the training staff?

image.gif.c0a185effdaa361b7062a108bd568ec1.gif

14 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I do not think they are being realistic or honest with the ' at least two weeks' comment

At least five weeks is probably more accurate.

No one is saying he'll be back playing again in two weeks.  They're just saying he's not going to do ANYTHING for at least two weeks.  And then as the Sam Blum tweet in the first post in this thread says, it'll be some time beyond that before anyone is expecting him back in the lineup.  Depending on what's happening with the team a month or so from now, I imagine they might just shut him down for the season.

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

No one is saying he'll be back playing again in two weeks.  They're just saying he's not going to do ANYTHING for at least two weeks.  And then as the Sam Blum tweet in the first post in this thread says, it'll be some time beyond that before anyone is expecting him back in the lineup.  Depending on what's happening with the team a month or so from now, I imagine they might just shut him down for the season.

Good riddance anyway.  He doesn’t matter.  They don’t need his dipshit “I don’t give a shit” schtick around anyway.  Get this fucking loser out of here. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Why wasn't the MRI done earlier? Or was it and it didn't show up until now?

I want to be careful not to offend anyone. But I find the timing of his shutdown for another two weeks overlapping the trade deadline to be inauspicious. The option to ask him to waive his no-trade clause to be included in any trade, would probably be gone now since his availability to play this year again is in question. 

9 minutes ago, T-angel said:

I want to be careful not to offend anyone. But I find the timing of his shutdown for another two weeks overlapping the trade deadline to be inauspicious. The option to ask him to waive his no-trade clause to be included in any trade, would probably be gone now since his availability to play this year again is in question. 

Nobody is ever going to trade for Anthony Rendon.  Anyway you didn’t say anything that should upset anyone. 

9 minutes ago, T-angel said:

Again: no one is going to take Rendon in a trade.

15 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

What makes you guys think it was misdiagnosed? 

I would assume the early scans wouldn’t show internal bleeding just by the nature of it being early in the injury. Scans taken again weeks later are probably more definitive and show the bleeding more clearly

You clean toilets at a fast food restaurant, I don’t think we need your medical advice.

5 hours ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I do not think they are being realistic or honest with the ' at least two weeks' comment

At least five weeks is probably more accurate.

Deep bone bruises with bleeding in the bone can take months to heal. Some people have recurring pain for years.

Nothing feels good here. He's possibly history.