• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (7/15/23) - Angels vs Astros

mmc

5 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Nice try. I basically said Nevin was handcuffed due to contractual obligations to The albatross and cancer of the team 

12 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Not every manager move is going to work out, but the fight that the Angels had tonight can be attributed to the coaches for not tolerating a defeatist attitude

Haha. 

5 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Wasn’t watching the game… does anyone know why Velazquez pinch-ran for Moniak?

Is Moniak hurt?

@Jeff Fletcher?

There were quite a few head scratchers throughout this game. For the sake of my mental health, I'm considering it injury related. But it could have just been his turn to be the recipient of another weird move 

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

Sadly...there are too many posters here that are disappointed that the consecutive loss daily count has ended.   

Well I really don't want Angels finishing the season 2 games out of the WC with Ohtani on the roster. So I really want them to just lose or go on a run. No more .500 BS. 

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Wasn’t watching the game… does anyone know why Velazquez pinch-ran for Moniak?

Is Moniak hurt?

I checked, and Moniak’s in the 87th percentile in sprint speed, which doesn’t seem like someone who’d need a pinch runner.

@Jeff Fletcher?

Velazquez is still faster. Plus Moniak hasn’t been running as well since he had that little injury before the break. 

Take the win and forget the analysis. Even though that could be pretty debatable.  It was just one of those really bizarre games when the unexpected became the norm. As an example,  Pressly was coming in with a near perfect streak for over a month. And got hit like it was batting practice. And the ninth inning went totally against all percentages.

It would have been a more perfect ending if the winning run was driven in, but it's also good to win because of an error from the other side.

In an ideal world, this will be the spark that ignites a big winning streak. But more modestly, winning the series is a necessary beginning. 

48 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Velazquez is still faster. Plus Moniak hasn’t been running as well since he had that little injury before the break. 

Moniak seems to be moving fine in the outfield .

If you needed a stolen base, ok, but I found the change in that situation to be strange.  The tying run at first behind someone 

Whatever. It worked

There's been several strange things lately, though 

Edited by ScottT