• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

Like everyone else I'd love to get hit with a "holy shit!" move here last second by Perry. But just not realistic.

That said, we've already brought in 4 bona-fide upgrades in the past week. It's actually been pretty cool to see.

And fingers crossed we're getting help here pretty soon from the DL. 

Hard to not be optimistic for a good second half run.

Does the backend look sufficient enough beyond Estevez, Moore, and Lopez?

Is Soriano ready for regular set up work?  Good news is the 34 Ks in 22 innings.  Has walked 15, but only 2 in the past 5 innings after 13 in the first 17 innings.

Will they keep Silseth in a late innings role going forward?

Loup has looked a lot better the past 2+ months, aside from 2 poor outings.

Need one more reliable guy.

Not sure when Joyce and Bachman are returning, and Webb and Devenski were very shaky lately.

Barria is fine in the long innings role.

12 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Like everyone else I'd love to get hit with a "holy shit!" move here last second by Perry. But just not realistic.

That said, we've already brought in 4 bona-fide upgrades in the past week. It's actually been pretty cool to see.

And fingers crossed we're getting help here pretty soon from the DL. 

Hard to not be optimistic for a good second half run.

I cant remember the last time we brought in a front end starter, solid reliever and two starting position players at the deadline.  Not to mention Moose and Escobar.  Has anything like that ever happened?

Biggest deadline moves I remember were Grienke, Texiera, and Jim Abbott (we should have dealt Greene for Cone in 1995 instead).  Far be it from me to ever give Reagins any credit but I loved that Tex deal, especially since the comp pick netted us Trout.

Edit - forgot about Haren

1 minute ago, HBAngel13 said:

I cant remember the last time we brought in a front end starter, solid reliever and two starting position players at the deadline.  Not to mention Moose and Escobar.  Has anything like that ever happened?

Biggest deadline moves I remember were Grienke, Texiera, and Jim Abbott (we should have dealt Greene for Cone in 1995 instead).  Far be it from me to ever give Reagins any credit but I loved that Tex deal, especially since the comp pick netted us Trout.

Dan Haren was a deadline deal in 2010.....