• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select 1B Nolan Schanuel 11th overall in the 1st round of the 2023 MLB Draft

mmc

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Z said:

So when you say "not the case" here... does that apply to him being ranked #8 in this article below from a much more well known and reputable source than MaxPrep Rankings?

https://www.perfectgame.org/Rankings/Players/NationalRankings.aspx?gyear=2009

... just asking for a friend @Hubs, and please don't believe what you can see posted in the number eight spot in the link above

Wherever he was ranked, he was behind Ackely and Tate and some others on every mock or rankings list. That's the point I'm making. 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

This gets me to think back to reading up on how great eyesight can enhance pitch recognition.

Rogers Hornsby was a prime example.   Guy never went to the movies because he wanted to preserve pristine eyesight and be able to read the spin on the pitches.

yeah but why does that sh*t not work for John Cena's opponents?

john-cena-you-cant-see-me.gif

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Z said:

So when you say "not the case" here... does that apply to him being ranked #8 in this article below from a much more well known and reputable source than MaxPrep Rankings?

https://www.perfectgame.org/Rankings/Players/NationalRankings.aspx?gyear=2009

... just asking for a friend @Hubs, and please don't believe what you can see posted in the number eight spot in the link above

Seriously? Maybe try reading better before you quote/reply.  I think you missed the word "everyone".  Everyone does not mean one source/person.  Kind of an important detail.

6 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Seriously? Maybe try reading better before you quote/reply.  I think you missed the word "everyone".  Everyone does not mean one source/person.  Kind of an important detail.

no I saw it, I was more concerned about pointing out another thing

The trick with finding a Schanuel comp is that so many high OBP players with pop and size tend to hit for a low average with significant setting and miss in their game. 

Schanuel has a good hit tool, and while there's definitely strength, it's not 60+ grade thunder. It's more 55 ish. 

So whatever that looks like to you, fine. Maybe Brandon Nimmo. Maybe Joey Votto light. I don't know. But I think it's evident they've got a major league 1B.

Edited by Second Base