• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just Another Halo Season...

...like many of the other seasons.

Mediocre and inconsistent starting pitching.

Horrible bullpen that had to be fixed (somewhat) mid-season.

The usual epidemic of injuries, but not to the bad players. They're healthy and in the lineup.

Inability to hit with RISP.

Lack of fundamental offensive play. Swinging for the fences, no situational hitting. No bunting, no hit-and-run, no pressure on the base paths, few stolen bases, automatic outs in the lineup every night. Streaky hitters whose slumps tend to be lengthy.

One positive: the greatest player of all time, who will say goodbye after this year and move to greener pastures.

If they add a couple more wild cards, then there's some hope.

• fan_since79 changed the title to Just Another Halo Season...

Even many bad teams often have a fighting spirit and try every possible way to scratch out wins. Especially with rosters filled with young guys just getting used to the big leagues. And managers who can get the most from the talent that is there. So even in losing fans can feel they saw the best effort from that roster. 

Maybe the Angels need a complete rebuild with a new philosophy. A roster filled with prospects and tough spirited veterans may have losing seasons. But at least fans would appreciate the effort and understand they are starting over with a long term plan. 

Even before all the injuries they Angels never peaked at more than a lower  wild card contender bunched with half a dozen other teams. Despite Ohtani's historic first few months. The pitching just hasn't been consistent enough to go on long winning streaks. And at least half a dozen leads were blown by the bullpen. And the hitting has failed more often than not in close, clutch situations. Add on shoddy defense, no speed on the basepths and an uninspired manager. Seems the only way they can score is with home runs. 

They were good enough to be a few games over .500 when things were in sync. But instead of building on that they hit a wall because of injuries and a roster just not deep or good enough. Some of the patchwork changes haven't made much of a difference because there are just too many holes to fill. And most of the everyday players have reverted back to form from relatively good starts. 

Other than Ohtani and  Estevez, ( maybe Detmers too) have any of the other veterans improved from last year ?

2 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Even many bad teams often have a fighting spirit and try every possible way to scratch out wins. Especially with rosters filled with young guys just getting used to the big leagues. And managers who can get the most from the talent that is there. So even in losing fans can feel they saw the best effort from that roster. 

Maybe the Angels need a complete rebuild with a new philosophy. A roster filled with prospects and tough spirited veterans may have losing seasons. But at least fans would appreciate the effort and understand they are starting over with a long term plan. 

Even before all the injuries they Angels never peaked at more than a lower  wild card contender bunched with half a dozen other teams. Despite Ohtani's historic first few months. The pitching just hasn't been consistent enough to go on long winning streaks. And at least half a dozen leads were blown by the bullpen. And the hitting has failed more often than not in close, clutch situations. Add on shoddy defense, no speed on the basepths and an uninspired manager. Seems the only way they can score is with home runs. 

They were good enough to be a few games over .500 when things were in sync. But instead of building on that they hit a wall because of injuries and a roster just not deep or good enough. Some of the patchwork changes haven't made much of a difference because there are just too many holes to fill. And most of the everyday players have reverted back to form from relatively good starts. 

Other than Ohtani and  Estevez, ( maybe Detmers too) have any of the other veterans improved from last year ?

I don't think the Angels will improve until the culture of the Angels improves.

I have no way to quantify this...The last 8 years is a trend not a coincidence like a few here would like to believe.

Those same people will ask what I'm basing that notion from....well shit I'm basing it off the last eight years!

9 hours ago, REDneck said:

I don't think the Angels will improve until the culture of the Angels improves.

I have no way to quantify this...The last 8 years is a trend not a coincidence like a few here would like to believe.

Those same people will ask what I'm basing that notion from....well shit I'm basing it off the last eight years!

Last year during the catastrophic losing streak, the body language and overall make up of the team was very evident.  I go to a lot of games, and saw it up close.  I don’t have access to the clubhouse like Jeff Fletcher does, so maybe Jeff can give us more insight, but this team looks exactly like the same team that went through that losing streak.

This team, with the EXACT same issues as last year….injuries to their main players, questionable coaching, inconsistent pitching in all phases, poor defense, etc is like looking in last years rear view mirror, except with different players.

I had high hopes this year, despite brutal losses early in the season, but that game in Kansas City, at least to me, was the catalyst of what is going on.  It was a demoralizing loss, and again, IMO, was the beginning of the end of the first half of this season.

Edited by PattyD22

Nevin is the employee who loves showing up to work, who is loved by his co-workers and follows the direction of his superiors but the productivity isn't particularly great.

Maddon is the employee who shows up out of dress code (mohawk), who is arrogant, disliked and often ignores the direction of his superiors, while his weak productivity does not match his own opinion of his performance.