• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who's still in there?

14 hours ago, REDneck said:

I'm asking how much hope do you have for the remainder of this season? I'm not questioning anybody's fandom.

Hope springs eternal.

It's kind of funny that now with Drury hurt the guys they brought in for insurance are both out, but unlike years past, they did go outside of the org to try to fill the gaps.

It starts and ends with the SP -- been that way all year.  They need to just be more consistent, and in Barria's case -- maybe not let him go what felt like an eternity between starts, the way his slider flattened out, it felt like he was too rested and his pitches flattened out.

Houston has it's issues -- Texas is good and could easily improve at the deadline, but even with all the injuries this is the best position the Angels have been in at this point in a season in a while.

So yeah..  Hope springs eternal.

I'm frustrated but not going anywhere. I'm an Angels fan for life, better or worse.

My frustration comes from the perceived gap between how they're performing and how they could perform. As always, more seems to go wrong than right for this team: Trout's struggles, Rendon's injuries, O'Hoppe being out just as he was establishing himself, Ward trying his hardest to prove that 2022 was a fluke, Walsh forgetting how to hit a baseball, Sandoval becoming the new "CJ Heaney," etc. Oh, and Rengifo turning out to be like one of those fireworks that looks promising, but then fizzles out doesn't amount to much.

I'm also frustrated with the state of the farm system, because I feel like I was a bit too rosy over the last few years and believed the line that "the talent is pooled in the low minors," and now that "talent" is mostly stagnating in the low minors. I'm also frustrated that the long-waited-for outfield of Marsh-Trout-Adell never came to pass and never will.

But...there are some positive developments: Ohtani somehow gets better; I don't know how good Moniak really is, but he's looking like at least a solid player; Neto was not only playing well, but brought a fire that this team desperately needs and is back soon (I think); Detmers is back on track; Canning's comeback is about as good as can be expected.

But that second list is shorter than the first. I'd like to be able to add to it: "Trout is back!" and "Nice to see Rendon healthy and performing, finally" and "Sandoval looks like he's regained his form" and "Ward is finally showing us the hitter he was last year," etc.

If we see at least a few those things added to the first list, then the team has a real shot. But as of right now, we're headed for an 85ish win season and missing out on the postseason again.

Something funny occurred to me…

Some people view divorcing their team as some sort of mortal sin and yet, they’d divorce their spouse. Loyalty to a team seems stronger than some relationships and that’s just weird.

The Angels have had some tough luck lately with RISP. The hits will come. This is a potent offense unfortunately it’s a little banged up. The next few weeks against their competition for the WC will separate the wheat from the chaff. The Angels just need to focus and play to the best of their abilities. Don’t take your eyes off this team. They will be in the playoffs.

On 7/3/2023 at 9:03 PM, T.G. said:

Something funny occurred to me…

Some people view divorcing their team as some sort of mortal sin and yet, they’d divorce their spouse. Loyalty to a team seems stronger than some relationships and that’s just weird.

I think it's the same loyalty, our wives just have higher standards.

Our wives divorce us for looking at and visiting other women - our teams welcome us back no matter where we've been, who we've been with, or for how long.

Our wives divorce us for unreasonable behaviour and verbal abuse - our teams regularly allow us to verbally abuse them and don't really bat an eyelid to our unreasonable expectations, sulks, and venting.

We divorce our wives when they betray us with other men - we divorce our teams when they betray us and move to another city. (Sometimes.)

We don't divorce our wives because they're crap in the kitchen and burn dinner, or don't really have all the moves in bed, or have blown the family fun budget on yoga classes instead of paint-balling - we don't divorce our teams because they can't lay down a bunt and hit with RISP, or when they don't really have the moves out of the bull-pen, or when they've blown the budget on Wells, Pujols, Hamilton, rather than buying that nice shiny Beltre who would have been so much fun that Summer.