• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you do Jo Adell for Pete Alonso?

Remember last year, how the Angels got Mickey Moniak from the Phillies for renting Noah Syndergaard, a back end starter? 

That's basically Adell's value right now. You could probably get a low update rental arm for him. He's worth far more to the Angels than he is to another team at this point. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Remember last year, how the Angels got Mickey Moniak from the Phillies for renting Noah Syndergaard, a back end starter? 

That's basically Adell's value right now. You could probably get a low update rental arm for him. He's worth far more to the Angels than he is to another team at this point. 

This. While he is tearing it up in AAA and is looking like what the Angels had envisioned him to be, he still has to show that he is capable of the same kind of production in the major leagues. Of course, he needs the opportunity to show that, and the Angels being in the WC race may not want to do that right now. Not that Ward is actually showing much value right now, Adell could be put in his spot for a couple of weeks maybe to see what happens. Maybe in the offseason he starts to learn first base. While he has speed and athleticism in the outfield, that hasn't translated to reliable defense. He certainly has the power bat (as long as he is making contact) to be a big-bat first baseman.

Would the Mets make the trade that was proposed by the original poster? Not for a straight-up trade. if they would agree to it, pull that trigger then. But it will not happen without sweetening the pot considerably.

18 hours ago, Hubs said:

I mean, yes. Of course. It would take Adell, Bush, Quero, and more, however.

It would also take probably a major fire sale in New York, and Alonso while under arbitration, is also currently hurt.

He's been back for a week or so already.  He came back early from that HBP

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To be fair, he might get shanked anyway with how their season is going.

For the normal Mets suck age we’re experience a blunt force beating is typical. Nothing personal, just business. 

You trade our one good player - that’s personal!

44 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

The Mets wouldn't do Adell for Alonzo.  Scherzer is willing to waive his no-trade clause to get to a contender, though.  

Scherzer for Rendon? 

We trade for their backup 3b but they want our starting 3B? 

On 6/27/2023 at 2:03 PM, Taylor said:

I think it's tough to imagine Adell as a starting piece of a trade. More likely he'd be an add-on.

i don't agree with this. i think adell is going to have more trade value than people think. he's an enticing prospect that the angels clearly rushed. what's really helping his value is that they've finally let him get his polishing time in the minors and he's killing it. the k/bb % might undo some of that positivity for some clubs though.

11 hours ago, ukyah said:

i don't agree with this. i think adell is going to have more trade value than people think. he's an enticing prospect that the angels clearly rushed. what's really helping his value is that they've finally let him get his polishing time in the minors and he's killing it. the k/bb % might undo some of that positivity for some clubs though.

I think your assessment is a bit of an overestimate. This may not be fair to Adell, but with the chances he’s been given teams pretty much have to consider him a classic “AAAA” player at this point. That will be the label until he proves he can hit consistently at the major league level

9 hours ago, Don said:

I think your assessment is a bit of an overestimate. This may not be fair to Adell, but with the chances he’s been given teams pretty much have to consider him a classic “AAAA” player at this point. That will be the label until he proves he can hit consistently at the major league level

i still disagree. i don't think he's even remotely at the AAAA label yet. the angels have benefited from most of his AAA performance and his brief call ups to the majors this year have been effective.

btw, i'm not hyping for him. i'm giving my perspective on what i think his trade value may be.

4 hours ago, ukyah said:

i still disagree. i don't think he's even remotely at the AAAA label yet. the angels have benefited from most of his AAA performance and his brief call ups to the majors this year have been effective.

btw, i'm not hyping for him. i'm giving my perspective on what i think his trade value may be.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/adelljo01.shtml

He’s basically had a full season of major league playing time between 2020 and now, with a -1.6 WAR and a .623 OPS, along with sub-standard defense. Is it still possible he turns into a decent major league player? Sure. But he’s no longer a valuable commodity to other teams, as he’s never performed well at the major league level. He’s a buy low and hope he turns a corner sort of guy. 

15 hours ago, Don said:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/adelljo01.shtml

He’s basically had a full season of major league playing time between 2020 and now, with a -1.6 WAR and a .623 OPS, along with sub-standard defense. Is it still possible he turns into a decent major league player? Sure. But he’s no longer a valuable commodity to other teams, as he’s never performed well at the major league level. He’s a buy low and hope he turns a corner sort of guy. 

you're talking like you know how any of the teams value and evaluate adell. you don't. neither do i. the difference is i'm not misrepresenting my opinion.

is it possible he turns into a decent major leaguer? uh, yeah. it's also possible he turns into an all star because he has the speed/power combo to do that and he's 24 years old, just now entering his prime. or he could bust.

my opinion is that other teams know he was rushed to the big leagues and he suffered for it. the angels are finally letting him get his proper development in and he's showing tremendous power and speed. he's putting up big numbers down there. 

https://www.milb.com/player/jo-adell-666176

i find it very difficult to believe he's a throw in buy low guy. he's a legit prospect and i think he's likely to be traded at the deadline. i imagine, if so, the headlines wherever he goes will read something about his below avg mlb numbers and that he had very little minor league experience beforehand and since then has been putting up huge numbers in AAA. that's how an acquiring team is likely to frame that trade.

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

you're talking like you know how any of the teams value and evaluate adell. you don't. neither do i. the difference is i'm not misrepresenting my opinion.

is it possible he turns into a decent major leaguer? uh, yeah. it's also possible he turns into an all star because he has the speed/power combo to do that and he's 24 years old, just now entering his prime. or he could bust.

my opinion is that other teams know he was rushed to the big leagues and he suffered for it. the angels are finally letting him get his proper development in and he's showing tremendous power and speed. he's putting up big numbers down there. 

https://www.milb.com/player/jo-adell-666176

i find it very difficult to believe he's a throw in buy low guy. he's a legit prospect and i think he's likely to be traded at the deadline. i imagine, if so, the headlines wherever he goes will read something about his below avg mlb numbers and that he had very little minor league experience beforehand and since then has been putting up huge numbers in AAA. that's how an acquiring team is likely to frame that trade.

K