• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Four Things the Angels need to get Shohei to Playoffs

Hubs

I would add get production from 3rd base to the Rendon or 1st base section. Rengifo has started every game since Urshela and Rendon went down on Thursday, and he's 1 for 10 with a walk. Andrew Velazquez, who may be the worst hitter in the majors, is 3 for 16 with 3 walks.

Last 7 days for Rengifo .095 / .208 / .095 /.304 in 6 games. He's just 6 for his last 42 with 2 BB in his last two weeks. He's started 11 games in that span and played in 12.

I really hate the title of this... "to get Shoehi to the playoffs"  Makes me not want to read the article...

It's not about Shohei, IMO.  He's not the reason they need to get to the postseason. He plays a role in how they get there, but again - it's not about him.

Maybe I'm just being cranky.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

It didn’t.  Cookie cutter surface level filler “content.”  Dumb.

You know if someone wanted to write something interesting, it would be nice to understand how or if Ohtani embraces his culture... more specifically the idea of a "Salaryman" culture that exists in Japan.  Was his dad a Salaryman?  I'm curious.  Does that factor into his decision process?

Just now, T.G. said:

I really hate the title of this... "to get Shoehi to the playoffs"  Makes me not want to read the article...

It's not about Shohei, IMO.  He's not the reason they need to get to the postseason. He plays a role in how they get there, but again - it's not about him.

Maybe I'm just being cranky.

It's a national piece, so I am assuming its a click bait headline. Its really more about what the Angels need to do to keep their wild card spot and /or contend for the division.

As I assume (and with Perry's recent comment about trading Ohtani being essentially zero chance) they will be buyers in the next month.

I mentioned this in another thread, but one player I might try to pry away from his current team is Ryan McMahon.  Can play 2nd and 3rd. And 1st if pressed. Gives you Urshela's 3rd base role and more, for the next three seasons for a decent amount of money, and that's the only reason he'd be available. This only works, obviously if Urshela is done for the year, or even the 12 weeks, as thats into September before he'd be back. He'd cost some decent prospects, but not an arm and a leg, like some and he's a great hitter (yes inside Coors, but he'd be a solid bat). I wonder if they could get him and Brad Hand for a few prospects. 

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

A National Article not About Trading Ohtani!

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/four-things-angels-need-to-get-shohei-ohtani-to-playoffs-for-first-time-including-more-from-mike-trout/

CBS Sports article from Mike Axisa. Makes a lot of sense.

GM Perry Minasian will attack the trade deadline. If they determine they need help -- and they do need help in the rotation -- they'll go get it. They are desperate to return to the postseason and will act accordingly.

I really hope so