• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How many MLB stadiums have you seen a game in?

gurn67

Oh my favourite topic back here in old England. Sadly I haven't been over the sea for nearly 17 years now, but as of October 2006: I had watched a game in 13 parks (some of which have now gone) and - walked outside, looked at, touched, when no game taking place - 9 others. 

First was Anaheim of course. Most irritating - but an amusing ish story (in the 9 list) was Oakland.

31 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

I thought we'd get a Coliseum, and Wrigley Field guy on here. I did see the Angels play the Giants in a spring training game in Palm Springs in 1988, but that's as old school as I get.

I went to many spring games and workouts in PS. I use to sit behind the 1base dugout, so I could talk to some of the players. During a intersquad game, some rookie was playing 2nd base and made a couple of eye opening plays. I asked the guys who that player was. One of the guys turned around and told me, Bobby Knopp. I eventually moved to the area. And have been here almost 41 years.

Angels, Dodgers, Padres, A's, Giants, Mariners, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Rangers (not the newest one), Royals (Kauffman Stadium is one of my favorites), Cubs, White Sox, Twins (Metrodome), Red Sox, Old Yankee Stadium, Mets (Shea). 

Minor Leagues - Rancho Cucamonga, Elsinore, San Bernardino, San Antonio, Nashville, San Jose.

Good question. 

Jarry Park (including the first game ever as a kid). Quaint and really close to the field but really a minor league park. I did catch/retrieve half a dozen foul balls though. 

Stade Olympique to use the French name for Olympic Stadium in Montreal. A nightmare in April and September when you could literally freeze. But from 1979 through the mid eighties it has high attendence and energy with a really good team.

Fenway Park a couple of times. Pretty much as described. Very close to the field, and the green monster and old scoreboard are cool. 

Yankee Stadium as a kid. Intimidating with the crowds and raucous atmosphere. But the monuments and facades were impressive. 

SkyDome. Very steep seating. Alright, but pretty much a generic stadium of it's era. I did poke the Jays mascot in the eye when he was in my way in a corridor! 

Riverfront Stadium. Just after the Big Red Machine era. It was also of it's time. But the Reds fans were quite sharp and knowledgeable. 

Seattle. Whatever the name now is. Also very steep seating. They tried to create that type of retro environment around the park that Baltimore started. But to me it seemed superficial. The Angels won when I was there so it was fun for me.

Dodger Stadium. Just a few years ago. I had to finally be there first hand to experience what I'd seen for years. Nice enough. A bit more run down than I expected, but lots of classic touches remain. I sat behind the plate and had a great view of the field and beyond. Jock Peterson led off with a homer in the first but that was the only run they scored against the Astros. The parking lot though was a nightmare! 

Angels Stadium. I didn't know what to expect the first time, but I liked it. The murals of some of the old forgotten players were nice. A generally friendly atmosphere. I've sat behind the plate and along both sidelines. And for the September series against Cleveland I just bought tickets for the bleachers to have a different vantage point. 

I also had the experience of being at their first rain out in decades a few years ago. The corridors were ankle deep in water. But we came back the next afternoon and the Angels scored ten. And we got free coupons for subs at Jersey Mike's! 

I also saw a few exhibition games here in Vancouver at B.C. Place in the past. Not technically a major league park but also generic without any charm. 

5 hours ago, T.G. said:

Angels, Dodgers, Padres, A's, Giants, Mariners, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Rangers (not the newest one), Royals (Kauffman Stadium is one of my favorites), Cubs, White Sox, Twins (Metrodome), Red Sox, Old Yankee Stadium, Mets (Shea). 

Minor Leagues - Rancho Cucamonga, Elsinore, San Bernardino, San Antonio, Nashville, San Jose.

Spring training...

I've also been to Tempe, Maryvale, Peoria, Surprise, and Salt River...

Also... Palm Springs.

My opinion of Globe Life Field. Totally sterile. No baseball atmosphere whatsoever. It's like watching a game in one of the giant blimp hangers they had in El Toro (maybe still there). It's got ALL the modern amenities. It's really comfortable to go watch a game. Totally corporate feeling. It's one of the ugliest modern stadiums I've ever seen from the outside. It already looks 30 years old. Just blah. Minute Maid Park was a pain in the ass to get around in. The concourses are way too narrow, but at least it had atmosphere while I was watching the game.