• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joyce / Chapman

Hubs

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

And where do you trade him? BTV has a value of around 50 right now, which would be a bit more than what Marsh was traded at last year, but not two Marsh's. I think Marsh / O Hoppe was like a value of 33 when it was done.

If you want to sent him to the Padres, they have a worse record than the Angels right now. And don't have the prospects.

Cardinals, Same thing. Braves?

Yankees? probably aren't giving up Dominguez, and it would take him plus. 

Dodgers would be a PR nightmare, so the deal of like Pages, Busch, and Pepiot is not happening.

So where do you send him?

Baltimore, Toronto, Arizona, Minnesota teams that have a chance to win now. Texas, Astros, Boston maybe Pirates. Bobby Miller for Ohtani

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Baltimore, Toronto, Arizona, Minnesota teams that have a chance to win now. Texas, Astros, Boston maybe Pirates. Bobby Miller for Ohtani

Baltimore isn't trading for him, nor is Arizona. You'd trade him to the Astros? Seriously?

Toronto's value is in young major leaguers which lines up, but they have Catchers, which doesn't. 

Minnesota --- No Prospects. 

Pirates -- Ya right. 

Boston? hell No.

Rangers would take two or three of their top prospects, so doubtful. 

None of these teams are all three of perennial contenders, can afford his salary, and have prospects.

Keep looking old man.

41 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Baltimore isn't trading for him, nor is Arizona. You'd trade him to the Astros? Seriously?

Toronto's value is in young major leaguers which lines up, but they have Catchers, which doesn't. 

Minnesota --- No Prospects. 

Pirates -- Ya right. 

Boston? hell No.

Rangers would take two or three of their top prospects, so doubtful. 

None of these teams are all three of perennial contenders, can afford his salary, and have prospects.

Keep looking old man.

I remember someone saying NO WAY Angels are bringing Adell or Moniak when halos DFA Phillips. Your not as smart as you think you are. All winter long saying Angels need a sign a top SS. A smart team (halos are not) would take best deal for Ohtani. Team would not matter.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

A big reason why is players are so close to reaching free agency, and they want to get there.

We don’t hear about those offers very often if they do occur.  I would think it depends on the sort of market the player may have.  Assuming we’re out of contention Ushela would be a good trade chip and you bring Fletcher back.  I bet David can match the 1.5 WAR pace Urshela is on.

17 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I remember someone saying NO WAY Angels are bringing Adell or Moniak when halos DFA Phillips. Your not as smart as you think you are. All winter long saying Angels need a sign a top SS. A smart team (halos are not) would take best deal for Ohtani. Team would not matter.

I am as smart as I think I am. Thank you very much.

I'm occasionally wrong on my Halos Takes, but it takes a special soul to call me out when you are wrong 99% of the time. You got one right in Moniak.

And yes, I do think the Angels needed to add a bat, and that they didn't have a shortstop. Everything I'd seen about Neto seemed to imply he'd be at second long term. We know that now that's a fallacy, but they have not had good defense from second base this year, so would we really be that much worse off with Dansby Swanson (or Neto) playing 2nd? 

We'll see on Ohtani, but I doubt they move him, and if they do it will be on trade deadline day, and not a day before. So enjoy these next two months with him and stop hijacking threads. Thanks!

This assumes the Halos being too far back in late July.

What about if Moreno ate the remaining 2+ months salary for Ohtani, if trading him in late July?

Would that up some what they would get back in trade for Ohtani?

Has to be more than a compensation draft pick in value.

Just a thought

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

That’s because the majority of the teams that are trading rentals at the deadline are in spots where they aren’t trying to be competitive again next season and/or have the money to support a $200M+ payroll.

The Yankees were, hence why they re-signed Chapman after trading him

That isn’t really true. It simply doesn’t happen often enough to pretend it’s a realistic path. 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Which player doesn’t want to win?

They all want to win. They don’t all sign with the Dodgers and Yankees. 

Don't think he's certainly signing with the Dodgers or Yankees but this is certainly way too much of a generalization.  How many players hitting free agency every year have never played for a team with a winning record?

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’d see if Toronto would trade Monoah for him. I highly doubt they would. I’d also trade him to the Padres for Tatis but that isn’t happening. 

Padres would just go all in and let Soto walk if they could trade and then sign up Ohtani. There is some sense to a Ohtani/Soto type of swap but unless the Pads keep struggling, they wont want to give up any major league talent. 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’d see if Toronto would trade Monoah for him. I highly doubt they would. I’d also trade him to the Padres for Tatis but that isn’t happening. 

He's been abysmal this year and was just optioned to the minors

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

That isn’t really true. It simply doesn’t happen often enough to pretend it’s a realistic path. 

Keeping mid-tier players and extending them doesn't happen that much either.

If you could extend Moore, sure I'd prefer that to trading him. But I don't think that's a realistic path.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

Keeping mid-tier players and extending them doesn't happen that much either.

If you could extend Moore, sure I'd prefer that to trading him. But I don't think that's a realistic path.

Much higher chance of extending a player, since that happens all the time, as opposed to trading him and resigning him which we have one example of off the top of our heads. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Much higher chance of extending a player, since that happens all the time, as opposed to trading him and resigning him which we have one example of off the top of our heads. 

Higher chance, sure. But you asked why they would lose the non-Ohtani free agents for nothing.

And my answer is that those mid-season extensions don't happen a ton.

If you trade them and then try to re-sign them in the offseason, at least you got the return at the deadline. Whereas you get nothing if they walk in free agency.

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

I am as smart as I think I am. Thank you very much.

I'm occasionally wrong on my Halos Takes, but it takes a special soul to call me out when you are wrong 99% of the time. You got one right in Moniak.

And yes, I do think the Angels needed to add a bat, and that they didn't have a shortstop. Everything I'd seen about Neto seemed to imply he'd be at second long term. We know that now that's a fallacy, but they have not had good defense from second base this year, so would we really be that much worse off with Dansby Swanson (or Neto) playing 2nd? 

We'll see on Ohtani, but I doubt they move him, and if they do it will be on trade deadline day, and not a day before. So enjoy these next two months with him and stop hijacking threads. Thanks!

You know very little about halo budget. They had zero interest in adding a high-priced SS. When will you learn that long-term high-priced contracts end up bad. Arte does not go over lux tax. Ohtani is leaving via trade or F/A. Enjoy Ohtani in Dodger blue next year and decade to come. He wants to be in playoffs. My point among many others trade him before he leaves and get something.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Which player doesn’t want to win?

They all want to win. They don’t all sign with the Dodgers and Yankees. 

Yankees and Dodgers if they want a player will get them most of the time. Dodgers spend money wisely and most of time stay away from long term deals. Dodgers are a very well-run organization from top to bottom.

47 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

You know very little about halo budget. They had zero interest in adding a high-priced SS. When will you learn that long-term high-priced contracts end up bad. Arte does not go over lux tax. Ohtani is leaving via trade or F/A. Enjoy Ohtani in Dodger blue next year and decade to come. He wants to be in playoffs. My point among many others trade him before he leaves and get something.

You know I wrote the blog post for years regarding their payroll, right? 

Oh, that's right, you just started posting in the last few years, annoying literally everybody with your constant yammering and ridiculous hijacking of threads.

They didn't add a SS, but were supposedly in on Swanson, among others, and likely wouldn't have signed Drury, leaving the door open for Neto at a SS or 2B position.

Might they trade Ohtani? They might. I don't think Arte will let them. I think trading a generational talent never gets the trading team any closer to the playoffs. We disagree. I'm right. You're wrong.

I suggest you either a) stop posting nonsense, or b) start being DodgersFanSince2023.

45 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Yankees and Dodgers if they want a player will get them most of the time. Dodgers spend money wisely and most of time stay away from long term deals. Dodgers are a very well-run organization from top to bottom.

DodgersFanSince1961

51 minutes ago, Hubs said:

You know I wrote the blog post for years regarding their payroll, right? 

Oh, that's right, you just started posting in the last few years, annoying literally everybody with your constant yammering and ridiculous hijacking of threads.

They didn't add a SS, but were supposedly in on Swanson, among others, and likely wouldn't have signed Drury, leaving the door open for Neto at a SS or 2B position.

Might they trade Ohtani? They might. I don't think Arte will let them. I think trading a generational talent never gets the trading team any closer to the playoffs. We disagree. I'm right. You're wrong.

I suggest you either a) stop posting nonsense, or b) start being DodgersFanSince2023.

You should understand Arte does not go over lux. They were never close in signing a SS this off season. By making a phone about a player is what all GMs do.

40 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

I hope they don't trade Ohtani, just because it will annoy you.

If you think by not trading and letting him walk in another losing season good. That will help the Angels in 2024 and beyond. I hope Arte is owner for another 20 years that would make everyone happy.