• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joyce / Chapman

Hubs

After seeing Joyce's excellent inning last night, I wonder what it would take to get Chapman from the Royals. If Perry Strikes Early, perhaps not as much. I've seen this one floated on blogs and podcasts, but I feel like he could be the missing piece. Especially when Moore comes back. 

My Projected Pen would then be 

Estevez, Moore, Chapman, Silseth, Joyce, Suarez, Devenski, and Webb or Wantz or Bachman or Rosenberg. 

I know you noticed that Suarez is in the pen, which is where he will slot if the rotation is set as it seems to be when he comes back, and Loup is gone, plus Davidson is gone. 

25 minutes ago, Hubs said:

After seeing Joyce's excellent inning last night, I wonder what it would take to get Chapman from the Royals. If Perry Strikes Early, perhaps not as much. I've seen this one floated on blogs and podcasts, but I feel like he could be the missing piece. Especially when Moore comes back. 

My Projected Pen would then be 

Estevez, Moore, Chapman, Silseth, Joyce, Suarez, Devenski, and Webb or Wantz or Bachman or Rosenberg. 

I know you noticed that Suarez is in the pen, which is where he will slot if the rotation is set as it seems to be when he comes back, and Loup is gone, plus Davidson is gone. 

He's going to be the most in demand reliever and I'd rather not pay a high price for a rental as I don't think he alone would get us into the playoffs.  I'd prefer Barlow from KC since he has more control

You wouldn't trade for him for a bunch of low level prospects? Seriously? what if they threw in another reliever?

I mean I wouldn't trade Adell for him, or Adams, or any of the top 5 prospects. But for a bunch of low level guys like Jadiel Sanchez or Ingram?

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

You wouldn't trade for him for a bunch of low level prospects? Seriously? what if they threw in another reliever?

Why would KC trade him for a bunch of low level prospects?

Literally every contending team could use another reliever.

Also, Perry isn’t touching Chapman with his off-field issues and poor makeup.

5 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I mean I wouldn't trade Adell for him, or Adams, or any of the top 5 prospects. But for a bunch of low level guys like Jadiel Sanchez or Ingram?

I would, but he'll go for more than that

3 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

KC will wait until deadline 

They have a low base salary but he's also due a lot in bonuses, the quicker they move him the less they have to pay. They'll move him by the end of this month.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Brad Hand makes the most sense.

Lefty, FA after 2023, does not give up the long ball, much late innings experience with better command than Chapman.

Spitballin’, I would think maybe someone like Jordyn Adams, maybe a lower-level fringe arm or two gets it done, especially if we jump on it soon.

DFA Loup and you’d have Moore, Hand, and Estevez at the back eventually, with hopefully one or two of Silseth, Joyce, and Bachman sticking. Webb has been alright too. 

If Suarez isn’t totally hurt, maybe he replaces Davidson and gets back to pitching well in that role like he was before we moved him back. 

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Spitballin’, I would think maybe someone like Jordyn Adams, maybe a lower-level fringe arm or two gets it done, especially if we jump on it soon.

Brad Hand isn't the fireballer than Chapman and Joyce are. He throws a fastball very similar to Moore (93/94). If he was right handed, then I would say he makes sense as a right handed version of Moore.

But Chapman (whose average fastball velocity had declined to 98.5 in 2021 and 97.5 in 2022, but is back to hitting 103 and 104 on the gun this year. He averages 101.5 on his sinker and 99.6 on his 4 seam.

I think the two of them (Joyce and Chapman) would be a sight to see coming out of the pen.

I like that he's a little wild. And he's got an attitude. 

I’d prefer Chapman to Hand for exactly those reasons, but honestly don’t know that Arte/Perry would have any interest in him due to his history, so I’m assuming that and thinking Hand might be next best - currently. It’s really way too early to know who will be available with so many teams still under 10 GB from a spot.

Edited by totdprods

14 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Just heard from Tony Reagins, here's what he thinks we should do:

To Angels:

LHP Aroldis Chapman

IF Matt Duffy

To Royals:

RHP Ben Joyce

SS Zach Neto

C Logan O'Hoppe

LHP Ky Bush

Obviously you're trolling but BTV has Chapmans Value at 4.3 (Neto's is in the 30's.... and O'hoppe was in the 50s before his injury.)

Jadiel Sanchez (2.4),

Ingram (2.1)

Tucker Davidson (0.4)

Luis Rengifo (0.0) -- I think he's struggling, but he's worth more than this

for 

Chapman (4.3)

Hernandez (1.5)

10 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Obviously you're trolling but BTV has Chapmans Value at 4.3 (Neto's is in the 30's.... and O'hoppe was in the 50s before his injury.)

Jadiel Sanchez (2.4),

Ingram (2.1)

Tucker Davidson (0.4)

Luis Rengifo (0.0) -- I think he's struggling, but he's worth more than this

for 

Chapman (4.3)

Hernandez (1.5)

Don't see why they would accept that

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

They have a low base salary but he's also due a lot in bonuses, the quicker they move him the less they have to pay. They'll move him by the end of this month.

Angels need to start thinking what they might get for Ohtani, Renfroe, Urshela, Moore, maybe even Drury and Estevez. Next 2 games will tell if they will be sellers.

On 6/2/2023 at 6:47 PM, Angels 1961 said:

Angels need to start thinking what they might get for Ohtani, Renfroe, Urshela, Moore, maybe even Drury and Estevez. Next 2 games will tell if they will be sellers.

Jeebus, dude. They have two months till the deadline. R-E-L-A-X

10 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angels sure and the hell no interest in Chapman. Teams with 3.7% of making playoffs cannot let Ohtani hit F/A and get nothing.

I've said this before and I'll continue to say it. Teams that send superstars out in the year before their FA get basically nothing, it doesn't help and they almost always don't re-sign. 

Name one team that got really good value in a trade for their superstar at the deadline before their Free Agency. And that team has to have success in the next two or three  years after the deal...

Especially a top 10 payroll team.

I'll save you time, It just doesn't happen. We aren't getting a boatload for Ohtani, it's going to be one or two good players, and it's not going to improve the team long term. So they are better off going for it and hoping to make the playoffs and then catch fire...

Edited by Hubs

On 6/2/2023 at 6:47 PM, Angels 1961 said:

Estevez is signed for 6.5 mil next year. Thats a helluva deal for a closer performing the way Estevez is right now. Up there with the best contract on the team. I might look to try and extend him another year or two if he keeps this up.