• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zach Neto's ceiling

mmc

He's proven the leg kick isn't a gimmick and isn't going to be easily exploited, and that he has enough potency in his two strike approach to be more than a slap hitter. He's continued to hit for average and at some point we'll need to stop doubting it and just accept that desire his unorthodox approach, Neto should find a may to hot somewhere between .270 and .300 in the majors. 

And his power, he won't ever become the absolutely dominant force he was in college, but again, his swing maxes out his strength output on fly balls, so then it's simply a matter of physicality. And for him, Neto isn't a physically superior specimen at the elite level the way others are. He will likely hit between 15-20 HR's. 

From a speed standpoint, it's a small part of his game, and it's also reliant upon how the game is managed by others. But he should run himself into 5-10 bags per year. 

And as a defender, he won't ever win a Gold Glove, but if you watch him enough, you'll start to see how natural and intuitive he is out there. He'll be a steady, solid defender. 

So end of the day, I'll average it all together and say Neto's likely outcome is like a .285 12 HR hitter with like 3-4 wins every year. His ceiling is probably closer to 5-6 wins but I don't think he'll be at that level for an extended period of time. 

Bogaerts.  That's his ceiling.  

very good hitter and defender.  both of those tools could end up excellent.  is getting hit a thing for him?  maybe.  the guy seems fearless.  He's not afraid of a free pass or wasn't in his limited time in the minors but he'll need that on a go forward.  A 10% bb rate will make him a very good player with his bat to ball skills.   

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

He's proven the leg kick isn't a gimmick and isn't going to be easily exploited, and that he has enough potency in his two strike approach to be more than a slap hitter. He's continued to hit for average and at some point we'll need to stop doubting it and just accept that desire his unorthodox approach, Neto should find a may to hot somewhere between .270 and .300 in the majors. 

And his power, he won't ever become the absolutely dominant force he was in college, but again, his swing maxes out his strength output on fly balls, so then it's simply a matter of physicality. And for him, Neto isn't a physically superior specimen at the elite level the way others are. He will likely hit between 5-20 HR's. 

From a speed standpoint, it's a small part of his game, and it's also reliant upon how the game is managed by others. But he should run himself into 5-10 bags per year. 

And as a defender, he won't ever win a Gold Glove, but if you watch him enough, you'll start to see how natural and intuitive he is out there. He'll be a steady, solid defender. 

So end of the day, I'll average it all together and say Neto's likely outcome is like a .285 12 HR hitter with like 3-4 wins every year. His ceiling is probably closer to 5-6 wins but I don't think he'll be at that level for an extended period of time. 

I disagree, I think he can hit anywhere between 2 and 39 homers.

10 hours ago, Second Base said:

And his power, he won't ever become the absolutely dominant force he was in college, but again, his swing maxes out his strength output on fly balls, so then it's simply a matter of physicality. And for him, Neto isn't a physically superior specimen at the elite level the way others are. He will likely hit between 5-20 HR's. 

After 10 games you're predicting this?