• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Yankees (4/18/23) - Suarez on the mound

mmc

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Not here!  All of us remain calm at all times.

Even I was ready to throw in the towel on the whole season after the 3 straight losses to Boston in winnable games. 

I have to ground myself and remind myself it’s a 162 game season. When it’s been this long since the angels have been any good the sense of urgency to win is real lol 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

Even I was ready to throw in the towel on the whole season after the 3 straight losses to Boston in winnable games. 

I have to ground myself and remind myself it’s a 162 game season. When it’s been this long since the angels have been any good the sense of urgency to win is real lol 

Win one of the next two against the Yanks and we end up 3-4 on an East Coast trip, not too bad.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Man I love Torii Hunter. In all the guys I was fortunate to interview with website creds it was Hunter that was my favorite interview of all. The guy is a joy to talk to and really REALLY funny. 

Keeping Torii for two more years and using the rest of that money on starting pitching would have been so much smarter than having Arte blow (pun intended) his money on Hamilton.

Final.y finished watching after flipping between NHL playoff games. Leafs get blasted at home. Beautiful!

The YES broadcast was interesting.  Constant references, videos or graphics about their long history. Ruth, Gehrig, etc. I wonder if Trout and Ohtani will be remembered the same way in a hundred years? But that assumes they play together for many years. 

Half jokingly they said Ohtani should get ownership stakes with his next contract. Also mentioned how O'Hoppe's mom is still a rabid Yankee fan. Actor Woody Harrelson, another big Yankee fan came by to promote himself. A bloop hit dropped in while he was talking and he just said " anyways" and ignored the action on the field and got back to his favorite subject. Himself. But he did show his ignorance when he didn't 't know what a balk was. 

Really good bullpen by committee game. Even Herget threw some of his fastest pitches ever in the 92 - 93 mph range to add to his mix. Holding the lead all game was impressive. 

First game of a series is always important. Sets the tone and now they just need one of the next two to get home in solid shape. 

The 

17 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Would love to take the series vs. Yankees.  I don't think they have lost a series yet this year.  We would have some BIG MO coming home

Which is weird because their roster is unimpressive