• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Blue Jays @ Angels (4/9/23): Detmers on the mound

1 hour ago, ThisismineScios said:

Really though we can’t just assume all these guys are going to comprise a good bullpen going forward. Nobody has good stuff, besides Estevez (slightly above average). Problem is Tepera and Loup, arguably the two worst, are expensive. Can’t option them and can’t trade them. Joyce obviously isn’t ready. Herget is no longer fooling anyone. What do they do? This is now 3 bullpen losses. That’s really bad. 

Only Estévez is under contract beyond this season (through 2024).

I smell a bullpen cleansing at some point this season.

It's still weird pitching decisions in my opinion. Friday night they should've left Sandoval in to start the 7th, then brought Moore in if he didn't make it through. Then Herget maybe to open the 8th, but OK with Tepera /Quijada there and Estevez to close it.

Ok, so Detmers gets through 5, gives up the grand slam, you leave him in when you probably shouldn't have to go after Chapman. Wantz is a weird choice to come in, there, he did well on Friday but you should've pulled Detmers with the bases loaded and Chapman up.

The worst part of watching delayed on mlb.tv is seeing that time bar at the bottom of the screen when I fast forward through the commercials.

At the end of the 5th, when Detmers was cruising, and yet the bar showed there was almost two hours left in the game!

Yeah, ugh.  It was like that point in a horror movie where nothing bad had happened yet, all was well, and all the characters seemed happy...

What is that Twitter account?  "Baseball Images that Proceed Unfortunate Events" or something?

20230409_uhoh.jpg

Tonight could be ugly. I’m assuming Suarez will have a long leash today and asked to go deeper into a game than usual. If he fails bad early then you’d have to think Davidson is the first guy up. That sets off a chain reaction where it’s probable that Barria or Davidson is DFAd for Canning on Wednesday. At the very least we could see Wantz sent down. Considering he’s been effective and the pen hasn’t it would be tough to send him down for 10 days. 

27 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Yes, we can't have a 5th starter who gets lit up every time. Suarez needs to get his act together earlier rather than later. The division will be very competitive this year. Not a lot of margin for error. 

You’ll be happy to know we don’t have a 5th starter who gets lit up every time. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Yes, we can't have a 5th starter who gets lit up every time. Suarez needs to get his act together earlier rather than later. The division will be very competitive this year. Not a lot of margin for error. 

He’s only had 1 start ?

How do we know how bad he is in 2023 yet coming off a stellar 2022 2nd half 

17 minutes ago, nando714 said:

He’s only had 1 start ?

How do we know how bad he is in 2023 yet coming off a stellar 2022 2nd half 

Sorry. Very impatient with this team after 44 years as a fan, with very few consolations outside of 2002. And without Spiezio's magic in Game 6 along with Erstad and Glaus and the others, we'd have no titles.

I get frustrated more easily lately. I still hope we'll make the postseason before I depart this mortal plane. 

We'd better win this upcoming series!

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Tonight could be ugly. I’m assuming Suarez will have a long leash today and asked to go deeper into a game than usual. If he fails bad early then you’d have to think Davidson is the first guy up. That sets off a chain reaction where it’s probable that Barria or Davidson is DFAd for Canning on Wednesday. At the very least we could see Wantz sent down. Considering he’s been effective and the pen hasn’t it would be tough to send him down for 10 days. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if somebody goes on the IL before Canning is brought up….pitchers pretty much always have something bothering them….part of the deal…