• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Dodgers (3/26/23 6pm): Davidson on the mound, Trout & Ohtani back in the lineup

9 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

we're a few games from the start of the reg season but it feels low energy, especially coming off the WBC

I mean, these are still exhibition games.

I don't really expect them to feel high energy. Guys just want to continue to get their work in and stay healthy.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Oh yeah that I know, i was talking about what he was throwing in the offseason and early on in ST. I thought I read or saw somewhere that he was pumping mid 90's with his FB. Maybe I'm wrong. 

people were anecdotally saying that in articles or broadcasts, but this is the first time we've actually gotten firm numbers

and so far, the fastball velocity is down

11 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I suspect this lineup will be the norm for a lefty: Urshela at short, Drury at 1B. Unless they're really bad defensively. Fletcher hasn't been hitting enough to justify more than a utility role. I'm guessing Urshela will play shortstop every day that Rendon is at 3B. 

I hope this is the case, keeping my fingers crossed. If they are able to keep Fletch  in utility role that would be a sign of successful season. 

Not knocking Fletch but I like him best in that role. 

27 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I suspect this lineup will be the norm for a lefty: Urshela at short, Drury at 1B. Unless they're really bad defensively. Fletcher hasn't been hitting enough to justify more than a utility role. I'm guessing Urshela will play shortstop every day that Rendon is at 3B. 

10 minutes ago, HaloBronco said:

I hope this is the case, keeping my fingers crossed. If they are able to keep Fletch  in utility role that would be a sign of successful season. 

100%. 

Fletcher is a perfect backup utility infielder. Starter not so much. 

12 minutes ago, HaloBronco said:

I love that fact that Fletch is a local, but......... winning is everything!

2 minutes ago, halogil said:

So what are your thoughts on the middle infield spots; will Gio Urshela and Brandon Drury be the opening day starters? I see that Velasquez was sent down; what role will Fletch and Rengifo play?

Against LHP's I'm guessing we'll see tonights infield with the exception of Rendon over Jackson who will start in AA or AAA. 

Against RHP's I think it will be Walsh at 1B, Drury at 2B, Urshela/Rengifo at SS but that is TBD. 

15 minutes ago, HaloBronco said:

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

100%. 

Fletcher is a perfect backup utility infielder. Starter not so much. 

Fletcher might get more of a shot early, but unless his offense improves, he's gonna be a bench player more days than not. Past years he may have gotten away with subpar offense, but as long as everyone else is outhitting him, he's unlikely to stick as a regular. He hits enough to keep him over Squid, but otherwise, he's primarily a defensive replacement at this point, IMO.