• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are your top 5 things you're hoping to see this spring from the Angels

Chuck

I'll go first. 

1. A healthy Walsh, Rendon, Trout entering the 2023 season opener. 

2. Shohei Ohtani signed extension. (Nobody needs the distraction all season long).

3. Good performances by some of your top relief prospects (Joyce, Torres, Ingram, Murphy, etc.)

4. A solid battle between Canning, Rodriguez, Silseth and Davidson for the #6 spot in the rotation. 

5. Rengifo establishing himself as a solid SS in spring camp that ultimately wins him the starting job.

28 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'll go first. 

1. A healthy Walsh, Rendon, Trout entering the 2023 season opener. 

2. Shohei Ohtani signed extension. (Nobody needs the distraction all season long).

3. Good performances by some of your top relief prospects (Joyce, Torres, Ingram, Murphy, etc.)

4. A solid battle between Canning, Rodriguez, Silseth and Davidson for the #6 spot in the rotation. 

5. Rengifo establishing himself as a solid SS in spring camp that ultimately wins him the starting job.

I'll go second.

1. What Chuck Said. Healthy Rendon is key.

2. Ward dominating offensively.

3. One more pen arm added during ST.

4. Urshela or Drury looking like a capable shortstop defensively.

5. One of Canning, Silseth or Rodriguez winning the 5th/6th spot in the rotation with a dominant Spring Performance.

These may not be realistic, but since it’s what I’m “hoping” to see:

1. Health, from the very top to the very bottom of the roster.

2. Ohtani extension.

3. Further external additions to the roster.

4. A young pitcher breaking out and earning a roster spot. (Bachman, Erla, Garza, Ingram, Joyce, Murphy, Soriano, Torres, etc.)

5. A catcher emerges as the clear starter. Whether it’s O’Hoppe, Stassi, or even Thaiss.

Edited by Trendon

1. Health for all the important pieces plus no injuries from the WBC (I’d imagine this is #1 for just about everyone).

2. Strong springs from Anderson, Detmers, Suarez, and Sandoval that build on last year’s performances.

3. O’Hoppe makes it impossible for the Angels to not start him.

4. Adell lights the world on fire in a prelude to forcing the Angels hand later this year.

5. Someone steps up for the bullpen and/or a move is made that improves the backend of the pen.

3 and 4 are pretty unlikely, but one can hope.

Hoping to see:

1. An injury free ST for all the major pieces.

2. A contract extension for Ohtani. Get it done "unfinished business" guy.

3. The clear cut emergence of Canning as the 6th starter. 

4. O'Hoppe earn an opening day roster spot and project to finish in the ROY top three. 

5. Walsh show he can be above replacement level even if it is only against RHP's.

Health was the main reason the team didn't at least play .500 and even fringe playoff contend. Even with the other issues. 

If Trout plays around 140 or so games healthy it will be a big factor. Rendon playing regularly, Walsh as a dependable starter. One third of the day to day lineup that wasn't together very much last seasons or at full health even when playing. 

And no other catastrophic injuries to important players. Though that jinx seems to always strike. 

Also like to see the new hotshot young catcher take positive steps. 

And the pitching staff to be consistent. 

No way Ohtani extends at this stage so it will be an ongoing story. 

1.  Of course, signing Ohtani to an extension is paramount this year.

2.  ANY production from the Left Field position and 3rd base, regardless who is there.  Of course I hope Rendon can stay healthy and be productive, but we shall see.

3.  Can Tyler Anderson repeat the season he had last year?

4.  Continued improvement from Detmers and Sandoval.  Both have potential to be top end pitchers.  Cut down on the walks and the blow up inning.

5.  Better food choices at Angels Stadium.  Simply the worst food of any Stadium I’ve ever been to.  And lower beer prices, please.

52 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Still holding out hope for Matt Moore. Maybe Wacha too? 

I'm perplexed why they couldn't have given Alex Reyes an offer like the Dodgers did. 

Not to get too picky, but if they’re gonna sign Wacha, they better do it soon.

Otherwise, he’s gonna be behind everyone else in Spring Training.

I wouldn’t be as worried about a reliever playing catch-up in Spring, but I would be for a starter.

8 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Not to get too picky, but if they’re gonna sign Wacha, they better do it soon.

Otherwise, he’s gonna be behind everyone else in Spring Training.

I wouldn’t be as worried about a reliever playing catch-up in Spring, but I would be for a starter.

I really want Ben Joyce's slider to come along quickly in spring camp. Hoping he breaks camp with the team, much like Darren O'Day did for the Halos a decade or so ago, straight from Double-A to the bigs. 

As far as Wacha I think it would be great if we signed him and then see what Canning and C-Rod could do out of the pen. Would be great to have a couple guys that like Scot Shields could go a couple innings at times multiple times throughout the year.