• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Keith Law farm system rankings

https://theathletic.com/4138444/2023/02/02/mlb-farm-system-ranking-prospects/

1. Los Angeles Dodgers
2. Cleveland Guardians
3. Baltimore Orioles
4. Arizona Diamondbacks
5. Tampa Bay Rays
6. Pittsburgh Pirates
7. Texas Rangers
---------
20. Seattle Mariners
----------
25. Los Angeles Angels
26. Houston Astros
27. Oakland A’s
28. Chicago White Sox
29. Atlanta
30. Detroit Tigers

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

I don’t know enough to critique the #25 ranking, but at least the write up makes sense to me:

The 2021 all-pitching draft hasn’t quite panned out so far, although it did produce the first big-leaguer from that entire draft in Chase Silseth, who right now is the Angels’ second-best prospect from that draft. Got it? Good. Anyway, the Angels’ 2017-19 drafts haven’t added much to the system at all so far, and their seven-figure international signings haven’t worked out, except for that one guy they signed from Japan’s NPB. (I don’t count NPB/KBO players as prospects.) Some good news: their 2022 first-rounder, Zach Neto, went right to Double A and raked; they traded Brandon Marsh for Logan O’Hoppe, who also raked and reached the big leagues; and their 2021 international free agent class looks very good in the early going.

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

https://theathletic.com/4138444/2023/02/02/mlb-farm-system-ranking-prospects/

2. Cleveland Guardians
3. Baltimore Orioles
4. Arizona Diamondbacks
5. Tampa Bay Rays
6. Pittsburgh Pirates
7. Texas Rangers
---------
20. Seattle Mariners
----------
25. Los Angeles Angels
26. Houston Astros
27. Oakland A’s
28. Chicago White Sox
29. Atlanta
30. Detroit Tigers

25 is better than 30.

7 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Houston had one of the best farm systems in baseball about 5-10 years ago, then have been one of the two or three best teams in baseball for the last six+ years. See how that works?

Please explain cause none of us understand chess, we play checkers sir. 

I think the 2021 draft class is undervalued but that’s just me. Law mentions Silseth, but there is also Bush, Bachman, and Joyce. Unfortunately, Minasian couldn’t follow the “best available talent without regard to position” guidelines because Eppler left the farm system pretty barren in terms of pitching depth. 

I’d be interested to see how the Dodgers and Giants compare to the Angels in results to date for that draft. 

4 hours ago, Revad said:

I don’t know enough to critique the #25 ranking, but at least the write up makes sense to me:

The 2021 all-pitching draft hasn’t quite panned out so far, although it did produce the first big-leaguer from that entire draft in Chase Silseth, who right now is the Angels’ second-best prospect from that draft. Got it? Good. Anyway, the Angels’ 2017-19 drafts haven’t added much to the system at all so far, and their seven-figure international signings haven’t worked out, except for that one guy they signed from Japan’s NPB. (I don’t count NPB/KBO players as prospects.) Some good news: their 2022 first-rounder, Zach Neto, went right to Double A and raked; they traded Brandon Marsh for Logan O’Hoppe, who also raked and reached the big leagues; and their 2021 international free agent class looks very good in the early going.

I don't get the criticism of the 2021 draft. This coming season will be those guys second full season in the org. I doubt that many teams around the leagues have many prospects reaching the majors in less than 2 seasons. As far as those international guys we signed, he must be referring to those 18 & 19 year old kids. The Angels are just getting back into the international drafts in the last 4-5 years after punting for close to a decade. The column reeks of the writer not doing much research. 

5 hours ago, James said:

Please explain cause none of us understand chess, we play checkers sir. 

If you have a really good farm system for years, then chances are it will eventually translate to major league success. The Astros drafted some really good players during their bad period a decade ago (plus or minus a few years), including Carlos Correa, Alex Bregman, Kyle Tucker, and Lance McCullers. Of course they also made some good trades and acquisitions, but the point is that a good farm tends to translate to a good team...eventually.

Edited by Angelsjunky

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

If you have a really good farm system for years, then chances are it will eventually translate to major league success. The Astros drafted some really good players during their bad period a decade ago (plus or minus a few years), including Carlos Correa, Alex Bregman, Kyle Tucker, and Lance McCullers. Of course they also made some good trades and acquisitions, but the point is that a good farm tends to translate to a good team...eventually.

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF