• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2023 Angels Predictions

BTH

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

An Angels player will be struggling in the third week of April, and everyone will declare he is done.

Another player will be hitting like Trout in the third week of April, and everyone will think he's going to keep it up all season.

Way to go out on a limb Taylor. I think you are supposed to predict something that DOESN'T happen every year 

Predictions... Hmmm.

Rengifo and Fletcher actually turn into a productive and valuable shortstop/utility tandem. They'll play adequate defense and hit well in the bottom of the order, as long as they aren't expected to leadoff. 

Max Stassi and Matt Thaiss are the catchers to begin the year, with O'Hoppe in AAA. Neither is hitting well enough though and in mid-May, O'Hoppe tastes over as starting catcher and doesn't look back. By the end of the year, is mentioned with Rutschman and Kirk as the best young catchers in the AL.(Moreno and Davis in NL).

The Angels lineup is feared in the power department, but not in the OBP department. Renfroe, Urshela and Drury will all hit the ball with authority, but will also log an OBP under .310. 

Mike Trout stays healthy and leads the team with a .300 batting average and .420 OBP as well as 40 homers. 

Shohei manages .290 and 50 bombs as well as the best pitching performance of his career en route to another MVP selection. 

Suarez underperforms and is moved to the bullpen and no one really steps up to take his place in the rotation, it becomes a carousel of starters like Bush, Silseth and Canning.

The bullpen ends up being ok, but lacks consistency in the 8th and 9th inning. Eventually Chris's Rodriguez steps up and is closer, a role he flourishes in.

The Angels aren't good enough or bad enough to be clearly defined sellers or buyers at the deadline and are muddled in the middle of an improved Rangers team, an underperforming Seattle team as well as everyone in the AL East being competitive and literally no one in the AL Central separating themselves from mediocrity. It all comes down to the wire with six different teams in the AL all in that 84-87 win range. 

Edited by Second Base

55 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I hope they don’t but we haven’t improved significantly this off-season. Arte can offload some contracts and be the bad guy before the new group takes over. 

They replaced bad players with better than league average players.  

19 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I hope I’m wrong. We either start winning or the business of baseball is going to drive the decisions. 

Dude, when you say "we haven't improved significantly this off-season", it tells me instantly that you can't post intelligently about baseball without looking like a dunce. This is the best off-season we've had in a long time. And the reason is because it's based on real improvement instead of flashy acquisitions, and it also improves areas of genuine need. 

Also, they aren't going to trade Ohtani or Trout before the season and Arte will be gone by mid season. Your whole post is absurdly misinformed or lacking in thought. 

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They replaced bad players with better than league average players.  

I didn’t say we aren’t potentially better. Just don’t see us as significantly better. Now health is the key for us. At their best we have 3 mvp players. They just haven’t stayed healthy. My point is that we better be in the playoff hunt come July or be prepared for major changes. 

12 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Dude, when you say "we haven't improved significantly this off-season", it tells me instantly that you can't post intelligently about baseball without looking like a dunce. This is the best off-season we've had in a long time. And the reason is because it's based on real improvement instead of flashy acquisitions, and it also improves areas of genuine need. 

I hope you’re right. Now we all know that stars underperform. What makes these league average players incapable of regressing?  I wouldn’t bet the farm drury will hit 270 this season. As much as some people hate stars, I’d feel a hell of a lot better about this team if verlander, judge, or Bauer has signed with us next season. 

4 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I hope you’re right. Now we all know that stars underperform. What makes these league average players incapable of regressing?  I wouldn’t bet the farm drury will hit 270 this season. As much as some people hate stars, I’d feel a hell of a lot better about this team if verlander, judge, or Bauer has signed with us next season. 

Yeah. You're a Moreno type of fan. You like flashy signings. I'd suggest trying the Mets. You'll be much happier there.