• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Victor Rojas says on Twitter that he's "all for" coming back as the Angels Play-by-Play announcer "if they'll have me"

BTH

Victor seems universally loved by Angels fans. Myself included. He's just always been a fantastic ambassador for the franchise.

I love Matty V too, but it would be great to have Victor back. Full time either Vasgersian or Rojas and I'd be happy.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Victor seems universally loved by Angels fans. Myself included. He's just always been a fantastic ambassador for the franchise.

I love Matty V too, but it would be great to have Victor back. Full time either Vasgersian or Rojas and I'd be happy.

Anyone but Patrick O’Neal

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I mean, I'd be fine with Vasgersian if he'd actually commit to it, but this part-time and almost never in studio thing doesn't really work. The rest? Haven't really been a fan of them. And I loved Victor's play-by-play. 

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Reach out to him and see if there’s a chance. 

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I definitely will. 

Based on his tweets, it seems like he’s all for it.

The bigger question is if the Angels and Bally Sports West will take him up on it.

If you have any pull on those sides, I’d love to see Victor return

7 hours ago, Trendon said:

Based on his tweets, it seems like he’s all for it.

The bigger question is if the Angels and Bally Sports West will take him up on it.

If you have any pull on those sides, I’d love to see Victor return

They'll have to play politics since O'Neal got his first lick of doing PBP last year. 
Not sure he'd want to step back to hosting pre-game/post-game. 
Then you've got the Vasgersian thing. He's a good announcer, but I can't stand that he has no consistent schedule. 

Bring back Victor. He's the only guy I want calling PBP when the Angels make it back to postseason ball. (whenever they do) 

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

They'll have to play politics since O'Neal got his first lick of doing PBP last year. 
Then you've got the Vasgersian thing. He's a good announcer, but I can't stand that he has no consistent schedule. 

Bring back Victor. He's the only guy I want calling PBP when the Angels make it back to postseason ball. (whenever they do) 

If O’Neal doesn’t want to step back to hosting pre-game/post-game, they can surely find someone else to do that. He’s doing pre/post for the Kings right now, so it seems like he’s fine with still doing hosting.

If Vasgersian can’t be at more than 50 games all season, he shouldn’t factor in at all.

If Vasgersian is still under contract and they want to continue to use him, they could bring Victor back to do the other games on TV PxP and do some games on radio. Terry’s getting older and they could also have Victor as PxP and Terry on color like they did with Rory and Terry. Langston could do more TV pre/post.

Move heaven and earth to get this done...

Victor is:

1 - All class

2 - Very knowledgeable on all facets of the game (field, front office, personnel, etc)

3 - One of the best (I personnally think he's THE best, but I'll leave a small margin for bias) PBP guys in the biz.  No worse than top 3...

4 - The chemistry between he and Gubby is fantastic - and amplifies both of their personas!

5 - He's got real Angel pedigree... When he was here, it felt like he really embraced the organization - he wasn't just punching a clock..

It was a real head scratcher that they handed the PBP job to O'Neal, when he had no real experience at the MLB level.  It didn't appear to me that he progressed over the course of the season.  Which was a shame because someone should have been helping him improve his performance. 

Getting a real professional PBP guy in the booth should be a priority.  I sure hope that Victor gets that opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Deek said:

Move heaven and earth to get this done...

Victor is:

1 - All class

2 - Very knowledgeable on all facets of the game (field, front office, personnel, etc)

3 - One of the best (I personnally think he's THE best, but I'll leave a small margin for bias) PBP guys in the biz.  No worse than top 3...

4 - The chemistry between he and Gubby is fantastic - and amplifies both of their personas!

5 - He's got real Angel pedigree... When he was here, it felt like he really embraced the organization - he wasn't just punching a clock..

I like Gubby too and don't understand the disconnect with some. 

3 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

If O’Neal doesn’t want to step back to hosting pre-game/post-game, they can surely find someone else to do that. He’s doing pre/post for the Kings right now, so it seems like he’s fine with still doing hosting.

Agree with Trendon here.  If O'Neal doesn't want to step back, there's the door. I think Bally/the Angels would be fine if it came to that.  

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I like Gubby too and don't understand the disconnect with some. 

for me, gubi's pronounciation of names is painful. he always sounds like his mouth hurts or it's full of cold sores or he needs a couple of root canals.

I can tell some of ya'll don't watch other teams broadcasts much.  There are a lot of truly awful color analysts out there.

We need WAR-like "above replacement" equivalent for broadcasters.  Gubie isn't exactly Broadcasting Hall of Fame level, but he's definitely well above replacement level.  He's easily top 10 in the league right now.  Really.

Meanwhile, if we get Victor Rojas back, we'll have MVP MVB level play-by-play again.

Edited by Lazorko Saves