• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

At what point did you realize the season was over?

mmc

I was nervous going into the season and basically handing Adell and Marsh the major league jobs without any fallback option blew up in their faces. I was excited and pleased with the great start but kind of reserved judgment because I was still worried about the depth. When Maddon got fired I knew it was over for sure, and there wouldn’t be anything to wake this team up. Rendon and Trout missing large chunks of time was kind of expected and the final nail in the coffin.

Realized: June 5, the 11th loss in a row, when the Angels slipped under .500. At that point it seemed that this was clearly more than just a harmonic convergence of bad luck, and a team in the process of full implosion.

Accepted: July 7-10, the four game sweep by the Orioles. I think at this point I reached the point of full resignation.

23 hours ago, TroutField said:

I was nervous going into the season and basically handing Adell and Marsh the major league jobs without any fallback option blew up in their faces. I was excited and pleased with the great start but kind of reserved judgment because I was still worried about the depth. When Maddon got fired I knew it was over for sure, and there wouldn’t be anything to wake this team up. Rendon and Trout missing large chunks of time was kind of expected and the final nail in the coffin.

Fletcher and Ward missing significant time too. We had to use some no-name outfielders and also Velasquez a lot, who couldn't hit to save his life.

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

Oh yea, you thought they’d be back in up until they fired the guy who was shitty at his job?

I don’t think Maddon was that good.  I mostly think he was bad.  Firing Maddon was a flailing gesture for a club that had no answers to any of its problems.  To me it was a bad sign that it was probably never going to turn around.  Turns out it didn’t.  I answered the question.  Not any better or worse then any of the other answers on the thread.  

To be honest, I was so disappointed in last offseason that I never really believed they were going to be good this year.  Then they were winning games and of course I was glad to see it and pleasantly surprised, but not convinced yet because it was still early.  When the losing streak happened I hated it because it meant the winning was just a tease.

On 10/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, rafibomb said:

Off the top of my head it was that disaster series in Philadelphia

Looking at their record against them in interleague before that sweep, that is the correct answer.  They couldn't even win a season series against goddamn Detroit.

Also two 1-0 losses in a 4 game set against Boston...AT HOME!