• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rangers (9/22/22 11am Pacific): Lorenzen on the mound, no Ohtani

jsnpritchett

O'Neal just referred to Lorenzen as a "young guy" pitching for his hometown team.  That's a very...generous description of him.

And I know there have been multiple articles about how much Lorenzen wants to be back with the Angels next year.  I'll say again that I really have no interest in seeing him back next year, unless it's for something like 2 years, $5M total and he's not guaranteed a starting slot.  Otherwise, I still firmly believe there are multiple guys on the current roster or in the minors who could produce similar or better results for the minimum salary.

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

On the Rangers feed they talked about Kole Calhoun's recent lack of playing time. They respect his mentor status but he is no longer part of their plans and want to see what their young players can do. 

I was sort of kidding on the other thread, saying I miss Calhoun.  He is not the answer, but I definitely wish him well.

44 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

The announcers also keep talking about how good Duffy is getting at 3B defense the more time he gets there.  The vast majority of his games in the majors have been as a 3B, so it's not like he has just been thrown out there with no experience.

And he sucks defensively.