• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rangers (9/22/22 11am Pacific): Lorenzen on the mound, no Ohtani

jsnpritchett

4 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

The Angels need 5 wins in 11 remaining chances to reach 70-92 and approximate  their surprising finish (70-91) in the first season (1961).

I saw your record (70-91) in 1961 and thought it was weird there wasn't 162 games. 

Then I looked at the standings from 1961 and it looks like some teams played 162 games, and some (the Angels) played 161, the Twins only played 160. 

Maybe there were rainouts they didn't bother making up? Just thought it was interesting.

image.thumb.png.49303a942e6831f30872d82e6d8f7b9f.png

6 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

If you want a guy who'll go 5 innings and not strike out many guys, you can put Barria in the rotation as the last man.

Again, makes zero sense to bring Lorenzen back and promise him a starting role.

I would not mine Barria as 5th or 6th. I do not understand why he has not been given a chance this year. They keep throwing Davidson out there but that is Minasian ATL connection

22 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I saw your record (70-91) in 1961 and thought it was weird there wasn't 162 games. 

Then I looked at the standings from 1961 and it looks like some teams played 162 games, and some (the Angels) played 161, the Twins only played 160. 

Maybe there were rainouts they didn't bother making up? Just thought it was interesting.

image.thumb.png.49303a942e6831f30872d82e6d8f7b9f.png

No all-weather parks meant more rainouts. Meaningless games between teams that had no chance to reach the World Series -- the only postseason that existed -- were never made up.