• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hey Dipoto.......

Scioscia and Dipoto AREN'T on the same page and that is the cancer eating away at this team. Players know these things. I'm sure you have players loyal to one or the other, and this is the result. Arte kind of swooped in late last year and said both men were safe, but truth be told he might have been better served getting one or the other out of there. I'm guessing Dipoto because of Scioscia's contract, and I'm good with that. Dipoto strikes me as the kind of GM that Steinbrenner would have fired long ago.

I kinda feel like we should keep Trout, Bourjos and Weaver and just wipe it clean.

Yup.

I would like to extend Vargas and keep Williams in the rotation. I think the back and forth Fs with his rhythm. He's got good stuff.

Yup.

I would like to extend Vargas and keep Williams in the rotation. I think the back and forth Fs with his rhythm. He's got good stuff.

Who wouldnt?  But let's live in the real world where this team cant wipe the slate clean.  No way the can get out from under Hamilton and Pujols contracts.

Im gonna catch hell for sayin this, but i really think this team ,as constructed, can win and compete. We were due for a year like this, i mean, we've been a successful org for over a decade this was bound to happen. Theres been a hex on this season from the get go. If they keep this team together for another year, i believe things will turn around. Just my opinion

Im gonna catch hell for sayin this, but i really think this team ,as constructed, can win and compete. We were due for a year like this, i mean, we've been a successful org for over a decade this was bound to happen. Theres been a hex on this season from the get go. If they keep this team together for another year, i believe things will turn around. Just my opinion

What was 2012 then? 2011? 2010?

I know I'll be in the minority here, but I think the crash and burn this team did rests mostly on the shoulders of Hamilton. We lost Greinke, dumped Haren and Santana and, using Morales, we replaced them with three question marks. The Hamilton signing was supposed to make the offense mask the weaknesses in the pitching staff. If he hits .280 and hits 35 homers with 100 RBI, we're all slightly disappointed. No one expected this tank job, and it has put pressure on other parts of the team that couldn't handle it. 

The problem with this is you're looking at a bunch of what should be great players and hoping for a great team. It doesn't always work that way.

I know I'll be in the minority here, but I think the crash and burn this team did rests mostly on the shoulders of Hamilton. We lost Greinke, dumped Haren and Santana and, using Morales, we replaced them with three question marks. The Hamilton signing was supposed to make the offense mask the weaknesses in the pitching staff. If he hits .280 and hits 35 homers with 100 RBI, we're all slightly disappointed. No one expected this tank job, and it has put pressure on other parts of the team that couldn't handle it. 

Well this buy a championship plan might have worked 4 years ago but Arte was really cheap back then.

Take it easy, everyone. We should be fine by 2018 when Scioscia* and Hamilton are gone, Pujols has hopefully retired, and we've accumulated some nice draft picks who will be ready for the majors.

Until then, forget it!

*assuming Scioscia is not renewed for another ten years.

That's why I called Reagins a patsy. What's left of Reagins players are outplaying Dipoto's players by a landslide.

to be fair, more than a chunk of dipotos players are artes property.

And yes, some of reagins guys are doing well. Then there's wells.....see what I did there?

The longer someone is away the better they look. Remember reagins (though arte probably had a big role) thought beltre was too expensive....but wells would be worth it...and naps should be included to get him....and reaaaaaaaaally wanted carl crawford...and got takahashi...and kazmir.... etc etc

Dipoto isn't perfect, but he came around right when the bubble was going to burst. Most teams peak and then quietly rebuild. We screwed up not rebuilding right after we peaked, when it wouldn't have stood out as much. And dipoto was asked to fix holes in the foundation with drywall and really expensive marble that was old.

Blaming it on DiPoto is just ignorant. This team isn't as bad as you all think.

IMO, Jered Weaver's injury and decline is what hurt us the most. Not anybody's fault.

Last year, we had one of the best records since May with basically the same core of players(Minus Torii plus Hamilton).

The biggest difference, is Weaver not performing.

The Vargas injury is the backbreaker of this season.