• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hey Dipoto.......

Bribe teams to trade for Hackilton.

Are you implying that the fat Swiss bank account that Reagins inherited from some long estranged relative he even didn't know existed shortly after the Wells trade went down was some sort of bribe? 

Arte has spoken to our crowd and discussed how competitive he is.  Tim Mead has echoed those thoughts.  Dipoto is also competitive.  So, it goes without saying there have been some yelling and screaming in the FO.

But, here's what I see.  The Angels have a wonderful outfield with Trout, Bourjos and Hamilton (Hamilton because he is a good defender and I see no way, he can be moved). Dipoto cannot mess with it.

The infield is okay - Trumbo/Pujols, HK; Aybar and Callaspo.  AC is not the best, but he has demonstrated good defense and okay bat)

I think the catchers are okay - not great, but okay.

Pitching.  (Enough said)

So Dipoto has to double down again in 2014 to upgrade the staff.  The Angels have no moveable minor league pieces that can get the quality the team needs.  So be prepared for another FA spending this winter.

Arte has spoken to our crowd and discussed how competitive he is.  Tim Mead has echoed those thoughts.  Dipoto is also competitive.  So, it goes without saying there have been some yelling and screaming in the FO.

But, here's what I see.  The Angels have a wonderful outfield with Trout, Bourjos and Hamilton (Hamilton because he is a good defender and I see no way, he can be moved). Dipoto cannot mess with it.

The infield is okay - Trumbo/Pujols, HK; Aybar and Callaspo.  AC is not the best, but he has demonstrated good defense and okay bat)

I think the catchers are okay - not great, but okay.

Pitching.  (Enough said)

So Dipoto has to double down again in 2014 to upgrade the staff.  The Angels have no moveable minor league pieces that can get the quality the team needs.  So be prepared for another FA spending this winter.

Bruce it's not just the pitching. There's something deeper going on with this club. The short term "win now" plan failed. Now a major rebuilding job is overdue. I'm just not sure that I would trust Dipoto to do the rebuilding and now I understand why the Diamondbacks let him leave. He was an interim GM for 2 months there and was replaced by Kevin Towers who was given the VP of Baseball Operations and GM position. Why didn't they offer that to Dipoto? I also wonder if Scioscia and Dipoto are on the same page.

This is a bad team.  

Honestly, I would keep our homegrown talent and try to get rid of the rest.  This team is bad, it's really bad.  The owner, gm, front office, coaching staff and players have all performed below average in every way.

I wouldn't blame arte if he fired everybody and started from scratch.

I kinda feel like we should keep Trout, Bourjos and Weaver and just wipe it clean.

Why Weaver?

He would definitely be a guy I would shop in that scenario, and even with the red flags surrounding him, he would presumably have a fair amount of value. I don't remember the exact details of his no-trade though.

Why Weaver?

He would definitely be a guy I would shop in that scenario, and even with the red flags surrounding him, he would presumably have a fair amount of value. I don't remember the exact details of his no-trade though.

It's a full NTC.  You would be selling incredibly low.