• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Get Mr. Moreno to sell the team

Biil

5 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

How about we “get him” to increase the salary budget $100m to buy the players they need?

Um...I believe that's their brilliant GM's plan for next year already. You know...assuming Lagares doesn't stay in Korea & Suzuki can still fog a mirror...

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The problem 100% is Arte.

Whereas his meddling has definitely been a problem in the past...I think injuries , poor play/coaching & Minasian have had more to do with the problems they've had this season. But, honestly...I wouldn't mind it if Arte injected himself into things just 1 more time...in hiring a competent ( yeah...right?) president of operations (as others have suggested) to assess how/why the team has struggled & to determine who stays or goes as they look to next year...

1 minute ago, khouse said:

Whereas his meddling has definitely been a problem in the past...I think injuries , poor play/coaching & Minasian have had more to do with the problems they've had this season. But, honestly...I wouldn't mind it if Arte injected himself into things just 1 more time...in hiring a competent ( yeah...right?) president of operations (as others have suggested) to assess how/why the team has struggled & to determine who stays or goes as they look to next year...

Every team has injuries. Going into a season the plan can never require a team to remain fully healthy. The plan also cannot assume positive contribution from players with limited or non-existent track records of being productive major leaguers. This has been the plan every year for over a decade. I'm just an idiot on the internet but it's been obvious that the plan cannot work for a long time now.

The team has used 4 managers and 4 GMs over the past decade, there is no way that all of them have failed to see what has been obvious to me. Over that time there has only been one constant, and that is Arte Moreno. He sets the agenda for the team, he sets the budget and he occasionally makes decisions about player acquisitions. This is why we only ever hire first time GMs, and why there is no president of baseball operations with a track record of success with another franchise. Arte is that guy, and his string of first time GMs are all just following the plan he has provided them.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Who was the lucky one who blessed us with their presence the first time Juneteenth was recognized as a federal holiday?

I'm going to guess @japan - he posts great stuff with zero trolling.

EDIT: I should have said @FromJapan - my apologies FromJapan-san.

18 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Are you going to be the one to intimidate him into selling? You gonna threaten him? Let us know how that goes.

What a ridiculous post you just put up there. Just trying to get some dialogue started. Do people have negative vibrations going through their body in todays society?

14 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Every team has injuries. Going into a season the plan can never require a team to remain fully healthy. The plan also cannot assume positive contribution from players with limited or non-existent track records of being productive major leaguers. This has been the plan every year for over a decade. I'm just an idiot on the internet but it's been obvious that the plan cannot work for a long time now.

The team has used 4 managers and 4 GMs over the past decade, there is no way that all of them have failed to see what has been obvious to me. Over that time there has only been one constant, and that is Arte Moreno. He sets the agenda for the team, he sets the budget and he occasionally makes decisions about player acquisitions. This is why we only ever hire first time GMs, and why there is no president of baseball operations with a track record of success with another franchise. Arte is that guy, and his string of first time GMs are all just following the plan he has provided them.

Good observation

Has there actually been any precedent for an owner selling due to team underperformance/fan pressure? I'd imagine not. The best bet is hoping for more scandals (like the Clippers with Sterling), but Manfred is far more cynical than Silver and would probably double down on supporting a bad owner as opposed to ousting them. So for now, we just have to be patient and wait for the inevitable. 

On 7/31/2022 at 8:10 AM, Biil said:

We have to get the owner to sell this team. He bought his team in 2003 that’s 20 years ago and we have done nothing. How can all the fans see that we need pitching pitching pitching and we go year after year after year for 20 years and can’t get pitching.

Sadly, I agree it's time for Arte to sell the team.

A sole proprietor competing against the corporate conglomerates just isn't working.

We have the two best players in all of MLB (arguably several others in the conversation, Soto, Judge, Acuna) in Trout and the amazing Ohtani and yet Halos are 15 games under .500 going nowhere.

The Stadium deal is a total mess tied up in local politics and now potential criminal type investigation. Halos future in Anaheim once again up in the air.

Arte could sell the team for 15 times or more than what he paid for the Halos.  Excellent time for him to hit the exit.

Ideally - a corporate group (like the folks that own the team just up the freeway) could make a pitch to buy the club and perhaps convince the powers to be to build a new waterfront ball park in Long Beach where the Queen Mary is slowly disintegrating into the sea. 

Something needs to happen because after a year that started out with great promise on all fronts (players signed long term, stadium deal secure, good starting pitching and winning record in April to mid-May) - the wheels have come off quickly and the team is headed nowhere fast.

Not all Arte's fault and he's done some great things -- but  it's clear his ownership isn't going to be ones capable of turning around the Titanic here. 

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Quit filling the stadium, every year the Angels draw 3,000,000+ to watch a loser. If Arte starts losing money maybe he'll sell, but Trout and Ohtani will still be a big draw.

Or he'll just cut expenses, you know, like a good business owner would do.