• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

***Official Apple Next Generation iPhone Rumor Thread***

RePLAY

They mentioned that it supports more LTE bands than any other phone.  I am not familiar with China Mobile's network but I assumed that was part of their reasoning for mentioning that.

As for big screens, I usually agree, until I used a GS4.  The GS3, 2, etc, had awful screens in my opinion, not very sharp, poor contrast and color saturation.  The 4 on the other hand looked great.

Anything 4.5-5 inches would be great to me.  I love all the new features but I have been wanting something different so I think I am going to get a Note 3 and then I can always switch back in 20 months.

i doubt it, but who knows.

premium brand doesnt mean shit in countries where the phone is basically the cost of a car: ie un-buyable.

whats interesting to me is theyre dropping the 5 completely, like i mentioned before.

so now instead of 16GB 5s: $199, 5c: $99, 5: free

they are doing 16GB 5s: $199, 5c: $99, 4s: free

i guess thats because people would be hard pressed to get the 5c if the 5 was free, since theyre the same phone w different casing.

interesting. 

Isn't that actually the normal way of doing it?

Right now it was 16GB 5 199 - 8GB 4S 99 - 8GB 4 free

Now instead of using the 5 with a smaller capacity at 100 they are just doing the 5C which is basically a 5 with a plastic case and some minor internal upgrades.

well its normal in pricing sure.

but its also the quickest life span of any iphone since the original.

whats odd though is this does nothing different in terms of availability for emerging markets.

the 4 did OK in india/china but was like #6 in those markets.

why would the 4s at the same price do any different?

and thus if the 4s doesnt do any different, why would the 5c which is even $100 more.

basically i thought the emerging market phone would be like $349 or $449 non contract, not $549

yeah.. im not quite sure what they're doing. 

i guess the 5c is a bit cheaper to make so theyll make more money on it than selling the 5 at $99.

maybe thats where theyre going with it.

but i was assuming some price shift to get into the emerging markets.

apple is usually fine w/ cannibalization - they just want to be the ones to cannibalize themselves (ie best the innovator's dilemma)

right. 

clearly the street and all the lame hype bloggers were wrong about apple's intentions.

i was too.

they clearly have no intention of making a "cheaper" phone whatsoever. 

just instead of current flagship vs last year flaghship, pricing is going to be current flagship vs current plastic. 

those 5c phones that are $549 here will be $733 in china w/ that tax markup.

crazy. 

i guess theyre planning on the china mobile deal being enough to get better traction out there.