• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

***Official Apple Next Generation iPhone Rumor Thread***

RePLAY

I've always been an Android guy but my HTC Rezound died about a month and a half ago. I activated my sister's old iPhone 4 and have been using it ever since. Is the 4 significantly worse than the 5 (aside from the lack of LTE)? Will the 5s be better than the 5? Aside from the battery I can't wait to get back on an Android once I get my renewal. If the 5S is supposed to be a big leap from the 4 I will at least check it out.

5 has a 4 inch screen vs a 3.5 inch screen and also faster processor and LTE.  It is thinner as well.

5s will be faster of course.  The rest are the rumors but most likely it will have a fingerprint scanner, and dual flash camera and possible NFC.  Nothing spectacular.  I am definitely a fan of the fingerprint scanner for unlocking.

I have the 5 and had to turn off the LTE because it was draining the snot out of my battery.

eek!

I've always been an Android guy but my HTC Rezound died about a month and a half ago. I activated my sister's old iPhone 4 and have been using it ever since. Is the 4 significantly worse than the 5 (aside from the lack of LTE)? Will the 5s be better than the 5? Aside from the battery I can't wait to get back on an Android once I get my renewal. If the 5S is supposed to be a big leap from the 4 I will at least check it out.

Im not an Apple guy, but i'd take the iphone 5/5s over the iphone4 just for the 4g alone.  Going back to 3g feels like im going back to dial up. lol

AAPL going gangbusters - fueled by icahn's statement.

its a $600 stock soon. should be smooth sailing until sep 10th event.

a poorman's strategy of just buying whatever icahn invests in is actually pretty decent.

he dove into netflix a while back and thats gone to the moon (again) as well.

nothing new here - but pics of the upcoming 5S and 5C.

i think they likely phase out the 5 too (which would be earliest phase out, 1 year, since the original iphone).

so now instead of latest vs one year old one, you have two choices (like the ipad): the badass one (5S), or the nearly as good but cheaper one (5C).

again the 5C is a pure play on emerging markets: china, india, etc.

if they release 5C and announce a deal with china mobile (700,000,000 subscribers) AAPL will go cray cray.

also they'll be in white, black and gold. 

the gold is purely for the asian markets. those cats love gold stuff. 

Alleged iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C pictured together for the first time

http://gigaom.com/2013/08/23/alleged-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5c-pictured-together-for-the-first-time/

• 2 weeks later...

According to the WSJ Apple is testing several different prototype phablets with displays up to 6 inches.

In the past the WSJ has been pretty inaccurate with their rumors so take it with a grain of salt.  It wouldn't surprise me if it is true though, in fact I would expect that they have been for a while now.

here's my prediction for sep 10/11th.

- deal with china mobile. this is huge, its the biggest smartphone market in the world. 700,000,000 subscribers that up until now havent been able to use iphones because they use funky network and the two companies are hard asses at negotiating.

- deal with docomo in japan. 

- iphone now uses those new qualcomm chips which cover all the network types, including the china mobile one. good time to buy some QCOM?

- iphone 5C or whatever: basically an apple-quality iphone but entry level. its geared for china and india and such. comes in plastic with a bunch of color choices like gold (chinese love that color). this follows what they did with the ipad mini which has been a blockbuster success. 

- iphone 5S: new processor. new camera. fingerprint scanner. now in a champagne gold color, again for the chinese. same size. the 6 next year gets the size upgrade.

- iphone trade in program: turn your old phone in and we'll give you money (but only for use towards a new contract you buy right now). this undercuts two things: 1) places like gazelle that buy older phones, 2) stores like AT&T that get a cut of the new deals

- ipad mini 2 w retina display (i want one)

- new ipad 5 which is slick/thin like ipad mini

- ios7: overhauled, slicker. this is not news obviously

thats my take. i doubt theres a tv or watch announced but who knows.

The finger print scanner is nice and I wish more phone would have it.  The Moto Atrix had it back in 2010 or whenever it was.  Makes unlocking the phone so much easier, especially when driving or otherwise occupied.

Not enough for me to keep up with the iPhone though.  Their failure to go to a bigger screen really is enough for me.

yeah agreed on size.

i would love a 4.7" or (whatever sized) iphone that keeps the dimensions the same and quality on par w/ existing retina display.

my bet is that comes next year. 

they have to make sure its badass not just big.

i have used friends new phones w/ huge screens and the size it nice but the color looks bleh to me.