• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels place Mike Trout on 10-day IL (left ribcage inflammation), claim Phil Gosselin off waivers, outright Monte Harrison

mmc

Definitely frustrating but I'm curious as to what caused Trouts injury? 

Didn't seem to see anything during the game he was pulled, was this simply due to his last at bat?

And if he's aggravating his back (or ribs same thing right?) by just swinging, this seems like something that would be long term. 

3 hours ago, nando714 said:

Trout has quit 

If true, isn't this the worst single event from this season?  Last year's calf strain.  What was that?  I've watched the play in which he injured his calf last May (also against the Dodgers) and I can barely see how he "strained" his calf.  It should have been called a complete tear considering he never played another game last season.  This year, back spasms, and now rib-cage inflammation?  Curious what's next.  

• mmc changed the title to Angels place Mike Trout on 10-day IL (left ribcage inflammation), claim Phil Gosselin off waivers, outright Monte Harrison
3 hours ago, nando714 said:

Trout has quit 

Let's see how long this actually keeps him out, but I'm getting hints of Ben Simmons. Nebulous nagging injury that isn't obviously serious (like a fracture or torn ACL) but keeps flaring up indefinitely just enough to keep him out for long stretches of the season, to the point that it may be partially psychological. 

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Let’s not forget Day to Day = season over, @T.G..

From Mike Trout today:

“I wanted to wait till Friday (in Atlanta) to see how I felt, but the right decision is to get it right and then come back,” Trout said, adding that this “is really day by day.”

Oh shit.

Trout needs to rest and get his body right for the World Baseball Classic in March.

No one can say that he’s given up or know where he’s at mentally but I think there is little argument against saying he is becoming injury prone.  They need to tell him he’s moving to a corner spot next year to try and help him stay healthy as much as they can. It’s not his choice.