• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nationals open to moving Juan Soto after he rejects $440 million extension

mmc

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

See, I keep hearing writers and announcers say that, but I don't see it. They said the same thing about Bryce Harper and that guy sucks ass so I don't really buy what they say anymore. I feel like they hype players that don't deserve it to bring legitimacy to parts of the game. And while Soto deserves 75% of it I feel like it's overstated. And he'll get that contract sure but I just don't see him being worth it.

Do you know who Juan Soto is? How many times have you seen his baseball reference page or stats, let alone seen him play?

11 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

If it was a 15 year deal I can understand him rejecting it.

That's less than 30 mil per year. 

i haven't read all the responses yet so someone may have beat me to it . . .

my guess is he doesn't want to remain in washington and be stuck there like trout is stuck in anaheim. he wants to go to a team that has a legit chance to win right away - yankees, dodger, red sox, etc.

and no, he isn't coming to anaheim.

I cannot see turning down $440M unless you just don't want to play in Washington any longer.  How much does one need?  There has to be a saturation point-- where there isn't much more you can do with $450 or $500M than you otherwise can't do with $440M.  and the Angels have very little to pursue Soto, so I'd sit this one out ...And they may likely be faced with similar dilemma if Ohtani turns down a extension, so I'd save my money for that.   

On 7/16/2022 at 6:00 PM, CaliAngel said:

See, I keep hearing writers and announcers say that, but I don't see it. They said the same thing about Bryce Harper and that guy sucks ass so I don't really buy what they say anymore. I feel like they hype players that don't deserve it to bring legitimacy to parts of the game. And while Soto deserves 75% of it I feel like it's overstated. And he'll get that contract sure but I just don't see him being worth it.

I stopped reading at Harper sucks ass.  He is on his way to the Hall of Fame.

On 7/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, Jay said:

Why would any player of Soto's caliber want to play in Anaheim, unless it's just about the money. Give me one reason.

And is that the kind of player you want, a guy who is just about the money?

they convince him that they really want to win with a core of blah, blah, blah. rendon vouches for it blah blah blah. trout, ohtani, blah blah blah. 

it's not going to happen anyway, but those are a few of the myriad ways that don't even get into the money.

3 hours ago, Paolo11 said:

I cannot see turning down $440M unless you just don't want to play in Washington any longer.  How much does one need?  There has to be a saturation point-- where there isn't much more you can do with $450 or $500M than you otherwise can't do with $440M.    

It is never enough when Scott Boras is calling the shots….