• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nationals open to moving Juan Soto after he rejects $440 million extension

mmc

20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Please, focus on Ohtani re-signing.

I've said this before about other possibilities, but if we want Ohtani to stay, we need to convince him we're serious about trying to win.  Getting Soto would certainly do that.  I don't think we have any shot as I don't think their pool is good enough but pretty much everything should be on the table here if we're truly trying to compete with Trout and Ohtani.

The Angels should certainly inquire, but we would have to empty part of our Major League roster and our farm to even have a chance.

Names like Adell, Sandoval, Detmers, Marsh, Paris, Bachman, Guzman, et al. would all have to be in the conversation and even then I think we fall woefully short in the quality over quantity conversation.

Soto is a rental.

Unless you can get him to agree to a contract, how could the Angels possibly give Adell, Marsh, etc. For him?

The Angels thought they had Greinke and Teixeira for more than half a season.

I don't see any chance he gets traded to the Angels.