• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

In what appears to be a lost season what are you looking forward to see happen for the rest of the campaign?

Chuck

13 hours ago, fanfromday1 said:

I'm as discussed with this team as much as you are, but you can't get rid of the 1st four players that you mentioned. I think it's time to start building for next year and forget about the rest of this one, and I believe that these four guys could be as good, or even better than the players the Angels replace them with.

Iglesias - He's choked in several games this last month, but up until then he was one of the better closers in the AL. Unless we get a couple of really good young flame-throwers in return, lets wait and see if he rebounds. Then make a decision in the off season.

Syndergaard and Ohtani - Thor is coming off of surgery, and so is Ohtani. Because the Angels didn't want to over work them this year they went to a 6 man rotation. I think that next year we may return to a 5 man rotation, which would make the rotation that much stronger. (No weak, overmatched 6th man).

Ward - Yes, Ward played over his head the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season. But he is still more consistent than Adell will ever be. I think Adell (as well as Rengifo & Fletcher), believe that taking a walk is a failed at-bat. (However, to be fair, I think the rest of the Angel line-up would rather strike out than stand-on-base and wait there for the next batter to strike out. They would much rather be sitting in the dugout eating sunflower seeds before Iglesias throws all the seeds back onto the field again).      

True, this team needs some new blood. From the front office all the way down to the coach's and a few new players. But some of the corner stones for a successful team may be in place already. The time to panic is past. It happened during the long losing streak. Now is the time to make a few changes, not a complete overhaul. 

Syndergaard is a free agent this offseason, and it looks pretty likely that he'll cost more than the Angels will want (or should want) to spend. I could easily see us trading him and some random bullpen piece for a mid-tier prospect or even a low-level regular. 

On 7/11/2022 at 9:31 AM, Sully151 said:

I am looking forward to Marsh cutting off his hair and beard in some weird superstitious baseball player attempt to start hitting.

Im gonna laugh if he shaves his beard into a Maddon mohawk, and gets sent down the same day.

And then mohawks become the superstition.

On 7/11/2022 at 12:27 PM, Blarg said:

Rengifo has been a little asshole refusing to work any walks. The last 12 games he has a. 287 batting average but his OBP is the exact same with zero walks. In the previous 94 plate appearances he has a total of 2 walks. This is bullshit from a light hitting middle Infielder. He is one of the reasons the Angels offense sucks. 

Tell that to Hubs

See Stefanic play everyday his is nice story. Plus when Thor is traded his look alike play regular at 3B. DFA Suzuki and play Thaiss behind the plate. IF not traded DFA Villar and Duffy. Honest answers from GM and Moreno about halo future. No more BS we are on the cusp of winning. Honest answers from Ohtani and Trout if they would like to leave.  Let's be honest Angels are one of the worse teams in baseball.