• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels might just lose the next 8 games

putting their losing streak at 12 before playing the Royals. 3 games against the Astros, 2 vs the Dodgers all at home before the ASB and then 3 against the Braves on the road. Now, they do have a chance to win when Ohtani or Sandoval pitches but it's very possible they will lose all 8 games. The losing streak thread might have to return unfortunately. I would have to think though that they can win at least ONE of those games and possibly 2(Ohtani and Sandoval starts) so I am holding out some hope that they won't go to Kansas City on a 12 game losing streak. Let's face it, even KC can sweep the Angels pushing the streak to 15 games. The Angels finish 4 against the Rangers at home and the Rangers are also capable of sweeping that series. I am not going to go there though.

What do you think their record will be for these next 8 games against some of the very best teams in baseball? What about the rest of the month?

10 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

putting their losing streak at 12 before playing the Royals. 3 games against the Astros, 2 vs the Dodgers all at home before the ASB and then 3 against the Braves on the road. Now, they do have a chance to win when Ohtani or Sandoval pitches but it's very possible they will lose all 8 games. The losing streak thread might have to return unfortunately. I would have to think though that they can win at least ONE of those games and possibly 2(Ohtani and Sandoval starts) so I am holding out some hope that they won't go to Kansas City on a 12 game losing streak. Let's face it, even KC can sweep the Angels pushing the streak to 15 games. The Angels finish 4 against the Rangers at home and the Rangers are also capable of sweeping that series. I am not going to go there though.

What do you think their record will be for these next 8 games against some of the very best teams in baseball? What about the rest of the month?

Start working on a rebuild so in 6 years from now can have a winning team.

15 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Yes. Read the post. They have a chance to win when Ohtani and Sandoval pitch. Possibly Noah if he pitches like he did 4 years ago.

Oh I read it. If they just got swept by the orioles…why would they stand a chance against the 2 best teams in the AL and NL? 

they are currently getting bent over by just about every team and pitchers with 6+ eras and losing records. 

All I know is if we keep losing at this pace we'll blow through the franchise record for most losses in a season.

This offseason could be very interesting. I mean the purge that will have to take place. Blow it all up and start a long rebuild.

I'll be bold and make a prediction: Arte sells the team before next year.

1 hour ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

They'll win Ohtani's starts and nothing else. Maybe one additional game if Trout hits 3+ hr's and 8+ rbi's

Well we have seen an Angels player hit 2 home runs and drive in 8, and STILL lose this year.

So maybe we need Trout to hit 3 HR’s and drive in 9 to win.

Just sayin….

36 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

All I know is if we keep losing at this pace we'll blow through the franchise record for most losses in a season.

This offseason could be very interesting. I mean the purge that will have to take place. Blow it all up and start a long rebuild.

I'll be bold and make a prediction: Arte sells the team before next year.

That will be too good to be true. Angels will find a way to win one of the next eight. Prediction for final record is 62-100.

We saw both Trout and Ohtani, and one other Angel, hit THREE home runs in an inning and celebrate with cowboy hats in the dugout, then watch Chicago score 10 unanswered runs on them.

This whole season is like a nightmare. Well, everything after the 24-13 start that fooled us all.

14-36 since then. 14 and 36!!! So eight more losses in a row is not improbable.

It is hard to imagine them beating the Astros or Dodgers. I mean, maybe they snag a game if Ohtani pitches well enough.

So they'll be either 38-54 or 39-53, which would make it their worst record at the ASB since 2016 (37-52). The last four seasons they've been a game or two within .500 at the ASB, so presumably Minasian will have a different approach than the usual "will they/won't they" trade deadline vibe.

2021: 45-44

2019: 45-46

2018: 49-48

2017: 45-47

2016: 37-52

2015: 48-40

2014: 57-37

2013: 44-49

2012: 48-38

2011: 50-42

2010: 47-44

3 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

The Angels scored 20 runs on the nine game trip. I think they get swept by Houston and split with the Dodgers. You don’t always know how a team responds coming out of the break but I think they may win one game against the Braves. Now if Trout can roll back the clock three years they may have a chance to win a few games. 

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is hard to imagine them beating the Astros or Dodgers. I mean, maybe they snag a game if Ohtani pitches well enough.

So they'll be either 38-54 or 39-53, which would make it their worst record at the ASB since 2016 (37-52). The last four seasons they've been a game or two within .500 at the ASB, so presumably Minasian will have a different approach than the usual "will they/won't they" trade deadline vibe.

2021: 45-44

2019: 45-46

2018: 49-48

2017: 45-47

2016: 37-52

2015: 48-40

2014: 57-37

2013: 44-49

2012: 48-38

2011: 50-42

2010: 47-44

Jesus Christ.  This is depressing.