• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is wrong with Mike Trout?

I didn't want to have to make the losing streak thread but it needed to be done. The same goes now for Mike Trout. Dude is striking out at an alarming rate(2 as of right now during today's game against the Marlins) and watching pitches right down the middle. He has had 2 of his worst hitting slumps this year(currently in one). His average might be under .270 after today's game. He is only 30 years old. What is wrong with him? Is he secretly injured and just playing through the pain? Did he just all of a sudden just forget how to play baseball? If he is 100% healthy, for the love of Pete, why is he playing so badly?

49 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Timing. 

For Trout, it's always been about getting his front foot down in time, and now that every pitcher throws 95+, those pitches up in the zone are brutal. 

He is missing pitches all over the zone though. He is watching pitches right down the middle. He looks completely lost.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

I didn't want to have to make the losing streak thread but it needed to be done. The same goes now for Mike Trout. Dude is striking out at an alarming rate(2 as of right now during today's game against the Marlins) and watching pitches right down the middle. He has had 2 of his worst hitting slumps this year(currently in one). His average might be under .270 after today's game. He is only 30 years old. What is wrong with him? Is he secretly injured and just playing through the pain? Did he just all of a sudden just forget how to play baseball? If he is 100% healthy, for the love of Pete, why is he playing so badly?

He’s 30 I’m Angels years. That’s like 34 everywhere else. 

34 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Trout has been pathetic at the plate in recent games and gave some vague response to a question about it, as if he's not concerned and will figure it out.  These guys watch video of themselves all the time.  They have ipads in the dugout to look at the latest at bat.  Maybe it's overkill with the analytics and detailed study, but you'd think by now that a professional hitter like Trout would know what's wrong.  Is the timing of his foot placement and other body parts that precise and easy to mess up?  Gubi said something after a recent SO by Trout about the way his hip is turning early and throwing off the swing timing, and the video replay confirmed that.  Hey, the guy was on a tear at the plate for awhile, now he's in a bad slump and seems clueless as to what he should do to get back on track.  I have to say I'm a little tired of Trout's act.  He can't give a meaningful quote about anything to the press and can't figure out how to get his hitting figured out.  That's what he's paid to do.  He has yet to even attempt to steal a base this year, while Ohtani swiped his ninth base on Tuesday.  Is Trout really that concerned about injuring himself that he won't attempt to steal a bag?  He's got this huge contract while Ohtani is pitching and hitting at full power for peanuts relative to Trout's pay. 

Screenshot_20220619-074137.png

Screenshot_20220619-074052.png

16 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Man, you must be desperate and have way too much time on your hands to go through such a lame photo analysis proving absolutely nothing.  What is your fucking point, dude?  You don't think I'm real?  You don't think the photo is of me or want to prove that it was photoshopped with a different guy and shirt in the lower half?  You're really losing it. 

Talk about a post being off-topic and off the deep end.  Yours qualifies for a referral to the cheapest shrink in your town.

@Taylor has stalkerish tendencies but he would never use his evil powers on women, so it’s ok.

My guess:

Trout frustration with the team has reached a point that it seems like he is just going through the motions.

The hot start was a tease.  It made the six week losses even more frustrating.  There has been videos of Trout frustration regarding the tipping their pitchers.  It's demoralizing and eventually it would wear down the greatest of competitors.

Just a guess

24 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

Man, you must be desperate and have way too much time on your hands to go through such a lame photo analysis proving absolutely nothing.  What is your fucking point, dude?  You don't think I'm real?  You don't think the photo is of me or want to prove that it was photoshopped with a different guy and shirt in the lower half?  You're really losing it. 

Talk about a post being off-topic and off the deep end.  Yours qualifies for a referral to the cheapest shrink in your town.

I am wondering if you're a real boy. I tend to like your posts. But then I wonder if you're a bot created by Chuck to measure our reactions.

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

My guess:

Trout frustration with the team has reached a point that it seems like he is just going through the motions.

The hot start was a tease.  It made the six week losses even more frustrating.  There has been videos of Trout frustration regarding the tipping their pitchers.  It's demoralizing and eventually it would wear down the greatest of competitors.

Just a guess

Really?

1 hour ago, SurfWriter said:

Trout has been pathetic at the plate in recent games and gave some vague response to a question about it, as if he's not concerned and will figure it out.  These guys watch video of themselves all the time.  They have ipads in the dugout to look at the latest at bat.  Maybe it's overkill with the analytics and detailed study, but you'd think by now that a professional hitter like Trout would know what's wrong.  Is the timing of his foot placement and other body parts that precise and easy to mess up?  Gubi said something after a recent SO by Trout about the way his hip is turning early and throwing off the swing timing, and the video replay confirmed that.  Hey, the guy was on a tear at the plate for awhile, now he's in a bad slump and seems clueless as to what he should do to get back on track.  I have to say I'm a little tired of Trout's act.  He can't give a meaningful quote about anything to the press and can't figure out how to get his hitting figured out.  That's what he's paid to do.  He has yet to even attempt to steal a base this year, while Ohtani swiped his ninth base on Tuesday.  Is Trout really that concerned about injuring himself that he won't attempt to steal a bag?  He's got this huge contract while Ohtani is pitching and hitting at full power for peanuts relative to Trout's pay. 

and there it is.