• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

13 minutes ago, ettin said:

Moving Marsh took me by surprise, that's all. If that Dodger catcher had been Keibert Ruiz, I would have done cartwheels! 😄

Yeah -- he's exactly who I mentioned. 

I don't know enough about the kid from Philly..   But I know that park is a massive hitter's park and the raw numbers mean jack shit.   

Reading has a HR index of 150.   Coors is 153.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

It's a three year deal with an option, including this year, so they have him for two and half more seasons. His age 32-34 seasons. They need upper minors catching help. O'Hoppe will be up by next July. Thaiss needs to come up for the rest of this year though.

Agreed. I just get the feeling they'll end up platooning him or playing him part time. It would be Angels level of stupid. 

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Yeah -- he's exactly who I mentioned. 

I don't know enough about the kid from Philly..   But I know that park is a massive hitter's park and the raw numbers mean jack shit.   

Reading has a HR index of 150.   Coors is 153.

Exactly. I remember what Reading did for Dylan Cozens. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

We signed Iglesias.

Fall flat on its face from a performance standpoint. I don't doubt they'll re-sign Syndergaard if they make a decent offer, but I don't see any benefit of doing so when his velocity is down and he's an everpresent injury risk. Plus it doesn't align with any timeline. Best case is he has another good year or two while the team still loses 90+ games. 

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

Fall flat on its face from a performance standpoint. I don't doubt they'll re-sign Syndergaard if they make a decent offer, but I don't see any benefit of doing so when his velocity is down and he's an everpresent injury risk. Plus it doesn't align with any timeline. Best case is he has another good year or two while the team still loses 90+ games. 

I was merely pointing out your error. 

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

Pssst. . .there is an elephant in the room and his name is 2023.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Scott Kingery too.   It basically turned him INTO a hype prospect.

Thankfully he was touted as a power hitting prospect coming out of draft and produced 13 HR's last season across 80 games in High-A. So the power is legit, so is his plate discipline and defensive skills. 

The Angels top two prospects may very well be catchers in O'Hoppe and Quero. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Thankfully he was touted as a power hitting prospect coming out of draft and produced 13 HR's last season across 80 games in High-A. So the power is legit, so is his plate discipline and defensive skills. 

The Angels top two prospects may very well be catchers in O'Hoppe and Quero. 

Also, O'Hoppe has a higher SLG PCT. in away games than he does at Reading @Inside Pitch.

Home: 5 HR, .429 SLG

Away: 10 HR, .552 SLG

2 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

If the Angels keep Noah after trading Marsh, then the team really is direction less. 

I just can't imagine.  There should be zero reason for keeping him.  And if you're willing to trade marsh for a prospect, you should be offloading the shit out of the rest of the team like a bunch of relievers etc.  

1 minute ago, Docwaukee said:

I just can't imagine.  There should be zero reason for keeping him.  And if you're willing to trade marsh for a prospect, you should be offloading the shit out of the rest of the team like a bunch of relievers etc.  

Seems like they're being selectively opportunistic with no overarching strategy in mind. As if they want to contend in 2023 but also rebuild at the same time