• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What happened to Brandon Marsh?

13 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I think there's someone else underneath all that hair... and the Brandon Marsh we know has been kidnapped.

My fear is this. . .

It’s the end of the Scooby Doo episode and they pull off the beard/mask to reveal that the shitty hitter disguised as Brandon Marsh is actually Brandon Marsh. 

30 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Marsh should cut off the beard. He's not a cave man. It's looks silly in light of his zero production at the plate. Get a new image, maybe that will jump start his offense. 

Of course, a couple months at AAA would also help.

I wonder if, on the day they tell him he is demoted to the minors, he reveals that he was going to show up at the clubhouse with his beard shaved into a Mohawk?

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I wonder if, on the day they tell him he is demoted to the minors, he reveals that he was going to show up at the clubhouse with his beard shaved into a Mohawk?

Now that the season is over for them I don’t think he gets demoted. It’s up to him to make the necessary adjustments and take some steps forward in his ML development 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Now that the season is over for them I don’t think he gets demoted. It’s up to him to make the necessary adjustments and take some steps forward in his ML development 

I understand that angle for sure but you can also sort of see it the opposite way.  The most important thing now for Marsh is to do whatever is necessary to be an impact player next year.

There is a solid argument that says he should go to the minors right now as part of that plan.  You can a lot of damage to someone mentally if you just leave them in a position to keep failing.  Sometimes going down and then raking there can be good for a player to re-establish some confidence and come back with some adjustments in place.

But I see both angles.

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If he would just lay off enough of the high pitches, maybe he could get into some better counts?

Domino effect?

Better counts, better pitches to hit further down in the strike zone?

I am thinking he should grow the beard to be 20 times larger and fan it out huge in the batters box in the hopes he gets more HBP.  Then he can get on base without any actual hitting ability.

20 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I understand that angle for sure but you can also sort of see it the opposite way.  The most important thing now for Marsh is to do whatever is necessary to be an impact player next year.

There is a solid argument that says he should go to the minors right now as part of that plan.  You can a lot of damage to someone mentally if you just leave them in a position to keep failing.  Sometimes going down and then raking there can be good for a player to re-establish some confidence and come back with some adjustments in place.

But I see both angles.

Agreed but I think the Angels let him ride it out. It’s not like they have other replacement options 

My guess is at some point later this season, Marsh and Adell swap spots.

They give Adell everyday AB’s in the majors in LF and they give Marsh everyday AB’s in the minors to try and iron things out offensively while also returning to CF in anticipation for a trade or Trout moving to a corner next season.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Agreed but I think the Angels let him ride it out. It’s not like they have other replacement options 

This, but also bring up Adell so that both get that needed playing time.

They platoon (Marsh more LF starts due to more RHPs), and Adell also fills in for Trout and Ward as needed.

On 6/25/2022 at 9:29 AM, Duren, Duren said:

It's mental right now. He's confused at the plate, and his timing is way off.

As well, the league has a book on him now and he has to adjust.

He also seems visibly upset when a called pitch goes against him. Mind you, hard to blame him or others for some of the egregious terrible calls we see in every game. 

This also is where a hitting coach earns his money. Dealing with slumps. 

Maybe best to try and fight through it than a demotion. He's still a good outfielder and needs a few good games in a row to regain the confidence he had at the start of his career. 

But with two thirds of the batting order under achieving he has lots of company.

Exactly, 100% Mental now! 

This entire team is dealing with issues now. Reed should be on top of this! Or, GONZO...

Our hitting Philosophy is TRASH they all fall behind early and then have to commit to pitches outside the Zone. Or, chase to protect! 

Our Pitching Philosophy is TRASH (I've spoken about this numerous times).

Our Fielding Defense Alignment and Pitch Sequencing is TRASH as our Defense is out of position based on if the location is missed and the ball is put in play!

THIS WHOLE GROUP of Coaches ACT like they don't communicate within their area of expertise, to each other and/or as a Collective with the players! Good Players will still do well... But, you also will see frustration as the rest can't catch up or are floundering (and you're seeing that with Trout).

It's all relevant!