• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What happened to Brandon Marsh?

I love Marsh and think that, in the long-run, he's going to be a good player. But he's not a good player right now, and for over a month. I think he could use a week or two in the minors to work on some things, but the Angels don't really have anyone to replace him with. I mean, Adell I suppose?

I suppose they've just committed to working through it with him, that his defense helps make up the difference. 

It's mental right now. He's confused at the plate, and his timing is way off.

As well, the league has a book on him now and he has to adjust.

He also seems visibly upset when a called pitch goes against him. Mind you, hard to blame him or others for some of the egregious terrible calls we see in every game. 

This also is where a hitting coach earns his money. Dealing with slumps. 

Maybe best to try and fight through it than a demotion. He's still a good outfielder and needs a few good games in a row to regain the confidence he had at the start of his career. 

But with two thirds of the batting order under achieving he has lots of company.

2 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Young player growing pains. Needs to adjust to the high FB and seems like an automatic out once he gets 2 strikes on him. He'll make the adjustments. 

I remember a similar issue with Aaron Judge. For a significant amount of time, pitchers were consistently getting him to swing and miss at high fastballs, and there was a question as to whether this might spell the end of his major league career. Obviously, he adjusted.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

He also seems visibly upset when a called pitch goes against him. Mind you, hard to blame him or others for some of the egregious terrible calls we see in every game. 

Maybe best to try and fight through it than a demotion. He's still a good outfielder and needs a few good games in a row to regain the confidence he had at the start of his career. 

But with two thirds of the batting order under achieving he has lots of company.

Agree, but couldn’t they start Harrison vs lefties and Marsh vs righties?

Righties still make up at least 60-65% of all starting pitchers?

2 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

100%, but I haven’t heard about the Angels hitting coaches helping players make adjustments during this horrible stretch.

Makes you wonder if the coaches are bad at their jobs or if the players they have are incapable of making quality adjustments.

16 minutes ago, Trendon said:

100%, but I haven’t heard about the Angels hitting coaches helping players make adjustments during this horrible stretch.

Makes you wonder if the coaches are bad at their jobs or if the players they have are incapable of making quality adjustments.

Or they just aren’t reporting what’s being done. 

3 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

The Angels have a hitting coach?

I think the entire team needs to adjust their approach.

The lineup sucks, but look how much Walsh is striking out. How much Trout is striking out. 

It's a team-wide issue and I honestly don't know what's going on or how to fix it. Guys like Trout, Walsh, Ohtani, and now Ward can K a ton and still be successful. But Marsh, Adell, Stassi and the clown show can't. 

Was there a change in hitting philosophy this offseason? Are they trying to see more pitches, thus getting deeper into counts? I'm not sure why they'd all be doing that but this is bizarre. I have no answer. Maybe the team doesn't either. It seems like they're trying to force walks instead of swinging at their pitch. 

His pitch recognition is horrible so when he does swing the bat he makes weak contact.

When he struck out looking last night he argued with the umpire even though it was clearly a strike.

When he gets to 2 strikes he starts guessing and swings at 57 foot balls in the dirt.

His swing has become defensive because he doesn't know what's coming, and that's not the kind of swing you want against major league pitching.