• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s Mike Trout and friends responsibility to make the playoffs

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’ve been as big of a proponent of Velazquez as anyone, but yea, it would be nice if we had a better all around option.  Oh and Fletcher isn’t that guy.

I still think he’s worth starting. Just look at how awful Rengifo was last night. To me, great defense is key. If we had a deep bench, then Maddon could’ve PH Velasquez in the 9th.

Edited by failos

Just now, failos said:

I still think he’s worth starting. Just look at how awful Rengifo was last night. To me, great senses is key. If we had a deep bench, then Maddon could’ve PH Velasquez in the 9th.

It comes down to having one too many pitchers in the bullpen.  When one of your guys is a DH only guy and your bench consists of a catcher, an outfielder and a utility guy, there really are limited options. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’ve been as big of a proponent of Velazquez as anyone, but yea, it would be nice if we had a better all around option.  Oh and Fletcher isn’t that guy.

I think the team is a lot better with his glove in the lineup… it would be nice if he could find another 80-100 points of ops. He is essentially Jeff Mathis 2.0, it works well when the super friends are all in the lineup playing well, but it is untenable when you have holes at three other positions nightly.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It comes down to having one too many pitchers in the bullpen.  When one of your guys is a DH only guy and your bench consists of a catcher, an outfielder and a utility guy, there really are limited options. 

It’s time to trim the fat in the BP, and get replace Lagares.

Hopefully we see Stefanic some time this season.

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think the team is a lot better with his glove in the lineup… it would be nice if he could find another 80-100 points of ops. He is essentially Jeff Mathis 2.0, it works well when the super friends are all in the lineup playing well, but it is untenable when you have holes at three other positions nightly.

Things will hopefully get better once Ward is back. Rengifo needs to step it up, because he  has the stuff.

6 minutes ago, failos said:

It’s time to trim the fat in the BP, and get replace Lagares.

Hopefully we see Stefanic some time this season.

If we replace Lagares we will see him replaced by a Tommy Pham type, and not much of an upgrade.  As for Stefanic, I am sure the thinking is if they add him to the 40 man roster, who do you later release when guys start coming off the 60 day IL.  

Just now, Stradling said:

If we replace Lagares we will see him replaced by a Tommy Pham type, and not much of an upgrade.  As for Stefanic, I am sure the thinking is if they add him to the 40 man roster, who do you later release when guys start coming off the 60 day IL.  

Definitely don’t want to see Pham.

I still believe in having Adell on the squad. Sure his development is important, but we want to win, and with guys taking days off and being routinely injured I’d rather see him than Lagares or Wade.

As to your latter question, I’m not sure. I do know that if the organization believes in Stefanic (I don’t think they do), they’ll figure out a way to call him up. I mean come on, they routinely call players up from AA, and they can’t give this guy a chance?

17 minutes ago, failos said:

Definitely don’t want to see Pham.

I still believe in having Adell on the squad. Sure his development is important, but we want to win, and with guys taking days off and being routinely injured I’d rather see him than Lagares or Wade.

As to your latter question, I’m not sure. I do know that if the organization believes in Stefanic (I don’t think they do), they’ll figure out a way to call him up. I mean come on, they routinely call players up from AA, and they can’t give this guy a chance?

They call up guys that they believe can make it back through waivers.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

He’s 100% right.  It’s a health and performance problem.  Maddon was much worse last year than this year. During our 14 game streak we lost 7 by one run.  Some fans blame Velazquez because he made the last out of a few games.  Some blame Maddon because of this or that. It comes down to health and performance of the stars on the team to prevent losing streaks. 

This 

@tdawg87 mentioned it a week ago or so. "When can we start blaming Trout".

Trout is human. You cant expect him to be super human. Hes allowed to fail.

That said, he (and Rendon, Pujols, Hamilton, etc etc) are expected (rightfully) to lead by numbers and performance.

The split second you ink that contract, where you are paid 1/8 or more of the overall payroll, you should be expected to earn it.

Its a team effort to win, a team effort to lose. But the guys who suck up huge sums of money need to accept that responsibility.