• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s Mike Trout and friends responsibility to make the playoffs

15 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

The damn all star game took him out of that zone. Ultra high profile there, and unreal expectations. My speculation is that he lost some of that instinctual  and intuitive mindset and became more self conscious  and self critical after the all star experience. Some diminishment of self confidence.

He actually was fine for a few weeks after the All-Star Game. He started slumping in August.

I agree that the beginning of last season was probably an unsustainable peak and in the long run he’s not that good. (That happens with everyone, by the way.) He’s still pretty good, and the fact that he’s even above average at hitting and pitching is still historic and amazing. (Buy my book!)

I’ll disagree with you or anyone who tries to say that the cause of his decline was the ASG or the HR Derby, because that’s just silly. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Shohei has a 131 OPS+. His walk rate is down and his slugging is down, but he's still hitting very well. 

He might not be 2021 first half Ohtani, but I'll happily take this version if he's going to keep pitching like he has. 

Ya but he was pretty bad in the midst of the 14 games 

17 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

In before Stradling says this is stupid.

He’s 100% right.  It’s a health and performance problem.  Maddon was much worse last year than this year. During our 14 game streak we lost 7 by one run.  Some fans blame Velazquez because he made the last out of a few games.  Some blame Maddon because of this or that. It comes down to health and performance of the stars on the team to prevent losing streaks. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

He’s 100% right.  It’s a health and performance problem.  Maddon was much worse last year than this year. During our 14 game streak we lost 7 by one run.  Some fans blame Velazquez because he made the last out of a few games.  Some blame Maddon because of this or that. It comes down to health and performance of the stars on the team to prevent losing streaks. 

People have often asked how the Angels could be so bad with a guy like Trout on the team. Just look at what happened when Trout went into the worst slump of his career.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Very sad.

When the team is hitting, they can justify Velazquez bat in the lineup.

I’ve been as big of a proponent of Velazquez as anyone, but yea, it would be nice if we had a better all around option.  Oh and Fletcher isn’t that guy.