• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On June 2, 2017 at 10:24 PM, gotbeer said:

Wonder Woman.  IMO, a Feminist, Snowflake, LIb wet dream.  It was a good movie.  But to me, it was a copy of the storyline of Capt America: the first Avenger.  Story telling was really slow.  Middle was extremely slow.  Better than the other DC films.  Wonder Woman though was a bad ass. 

On June 15, 2017 at 6:41 PM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

Wonder Woman

Felt like a half hour could've been edited out pretty easily.

It was nice to have characters that seemed almost sentient rather than cardboard cutouts like with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

Last 20 minutes were worth the price of admission. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Better Call Saul.  Season Finale.  Dang.

Spoiler

good.

so tired of that dude and his "condition". so much time and energy is wasted on shit like him tearing down his home, having panic attacks, bouncing back and forth between having a condition and not, etc.

the only thing missing was mike.

4 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

How was it?

I'm still on the fence about continuing. I've only seen episode 1 from this season.

It was one of the better episodes of this season, which was a little more abstract than the first 2 seasons. It was, imo, basically a morality tale of the wickedness and unfairness of the whole global economic system, played out in small town Minnesota. But that is really  the premise of the whole Fargo saga.

"All that for a little money?" "Dont you know there more to life than a little money" (paraphrased from the movie)

The writers made their point, again, and probably make the Coen bros happy in the process. I'd say the season was very much worth watching, and I will probably watch it all again (all 3 seasons) sometime in the future (after baseball season)

15 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Fargo was awesome!

But, I feel like they wasted a third, or perhaps the first half of the season with being abstract just for the sake of being abstract. I won't go into spoilers, but man when it does going half way through it's fantastic.

I have a feeling that if one watched all three in proper order (season two was really season 1,  chronologically) it would play better. Season 3 might actually be the better season of the three if watched binge style...I suspect part of the frustration of this season for me was watching it week by week instead of consuming a few episodes at a sitting.

watching twin peaks seasons 1 and 2 for the first time. i tried when i was a kid, but i didn't get it. 

halfway through season 2, and it's a big dream/nightmare that somehow feels familiar. lynch is a freak. 

looking forward to watching the new season on showtime when i finish this up. 

17 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

watching twin peaks seasons 1 and 2 for the first time. i tried when i was a kid, but i didn't get it. 

halfway through season 2, and it's a big dream/nightmare that somehow feels familiar. lynch is a freak. 

i am going to re-watch the original as well, then the new one. i always loved it, but yeah it's a trip.

now go watch mulholland drive! one of my all time favorites. 

On 6/27/2017 at 7:11 PM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

Can't wait for you to get to Season 3, episode 8. Not even sure how I personally feel about this most recent episode, but the fact that something like that can be funded by Showtime is awesome.

9 hours ago, Sam Sanchez said:

Can't wait for you to get to Season 3, episode 8. Not even sure how I personally feel about this most recent episode, but the fact that something like that can be funded by Showtime is awesome.

i've heard good things about season 3, so maybe i'll keep plugging away through season 2, but it turned into something completely different after finding out laura's killer. what the hell happened? it changed so much, i looked it up, and saw that lynch left production. 

does season 3 go back to what it was for the first 14 or 15 eps?

On 6/29/2017 at 9:56 PM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

i've heard good things about season 3, so maybe i'll keep plugging away through season 2, but it turned into something completely different after finding out laura's killer. what the hell happened? it changed so much, i looked it up, and saw that lynch left production. 

does season 3 go back to what it was for the first 14 or 15 eps?

Through episode 8, pretty emphatically no. There's a couple glimmers but its way more in line with Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me and the final episode of season 2 than it was with the first 15 episodes of the show. Its not to say that there isn't a lot of humor though.

3 hours ago, Sam Sanchez said:

Through episode 8, pretty emphatically no. There's a couple glimmers but its way more in line with Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me and the final episode of season 2 than it was with the first 15 episodes of the show. Its not to say that there isn't a lot of humor though.

After finding out Laura's murderer, I ended up skipping all of the rest of season 2 except the last episode. Then I watched Fire Walk With Me. Now I'm 3 episodes into the new season on Showtime. 

I saw Fire Walk With Me as very much from the same vein as Season 1 and early Season 2. Season 1 was all about how stupid conventional narratives are, so deconstructing a soap opera was the perfect way to get the masses introduced to where Lynch really wanted to go. Fire Walk with Me was where he really got there to me. This new season is phenomenal so far. This feels like it's where Lynch wanted to push the boundaries back in late Season 1/early Season 2, but the network was too restrictive. Showtime has given him the keys this time, and it's special.