• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

22 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Cunk on Earth  I tried it.  But only lasted one episode.  It's a very British comedy mockumentary.  Part informative, part trying the Borat angle.  Just didn't work for me.  Supposedly there are other series too.  

Agree 100%

The Borat / Samantha Bee bit is so played out.

On 2/5/2023 at 11:15 AM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Cunk on Earth  I tried it.  But only lasted one episode.  It's a very British comedy mockumentary.  Part informative, part trying the Borat angle.  Just didn't work for me.  Supposedly there are other series too.  

I put it on when I wasn't really watching the tv and found it enjoyable, for what that's worth.

Netflix:  High Water  A Polish docudrama about a flood that happened there in '97ish I believe.  The events actually happened, but I think they took liberties on the characters.  Was well done though.  Not over the top.  Really showed a breakdown from all aspects of government and people.  

Netflix:  Meltdown Three Mile Island  Documentary series on Three Mile Island.  They go through a lot, but don't really cover exactly what happened.  The last few episodes were focusing on a safety issue with a crane.  It was all very interesting information, and tells a lot of the backstory of things in hindsite.  This is up there with HBO's Chernobyl.  Hopefully someone will make a similar quality one on Fukushima also.  

Netflix:  The Volcano Rescue from Whakaari  A Documovie about a volcano that erupted in New Zealand.  Pretty harrowing accounts with some live footage that people took while they were on the island.  What I don't get is that people are trying to blame either the tour company or people for a natural disaster that they all went to knowing full well it was an active volcano.  Overall, they focused on the good stuff that people did.  Short movie if you enjoy documentaries.  

7 hours ago, Jay said:

Ford v Ferrari

Loved it

On Hulu or FXM

Good movie but I really couldn't believe how they left...

Spoiler

... the dude getting killed like a week later to a note before the credits. To me that's the story. To go through all that only to get killed... maybe they thought it was too dark an ending, or left it out out of respect to the guys family.

Netflix:  Aftershock Everest and the Nepal Earthquake  A three episode documentary about the Earthquake that hit Nepal.  Focusing on Mt. Everest climbers, Langtang Valley, and Kathmandu.  It was well done and tried to be as neutral as possible.  Great for history buffs.

Knock at the Cabin:

This could have been a good movie. It really could have. There are just a couple massive plot holes that honestly feel like lazy writing/editing more than anything, which has really become an unfortunate feature of a lot of M Night Shyamalan movies. Dude might legit be the most frustrating film maker of all time.

Netflix:  Challenger:  The Final Flight  A 2020 Docuseries about the Space Shuttle Challenger.  It's really detailed and goes through everything.  Lot's of footage of the astronauts, which are probably the only one's that were painted in a positive light.  But they didn't hold any punches in regards to what happened, who was to blame, etc.  I think the only thing they didn't mention was how controls in the shuttle were moved like they were trying to do emergency maneuvers, and that more than likely the crew was alive when it hit the ocean.  But everything else was in there.  Including a lot of information about the o-rings.  Definitely a great watch, especially if you were around on that day.