• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Guess the Halos record over next 19 games

Guess the Halos record over the next 19 games   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Halos record over next 19 games

• Better than 14-5
    • 14-5
    • 13-6
    • 12-7
    • 11-8
    • 10-9
    • 9-10
    • 8-11
    • 7-12
    • 6-13
    • 5-14
    • Worse than 5-14

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

There's something wrong with this whole organization. It's a culture of losing.

I think what makes it so frustrating is that 2002-09 period. It really seemed like they broke the cycle of the previous 40 years. But it was just a temporary hiatus. 1961-2001 = 2010-22. 2002-09 was an aberration. 

And let's be honest: The Angels are a bit of a laughingstock. How many articles mock the Angels' inability to win, despite spending money, having Trout--and now Ohtani. 

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

I think what makes it so frustrating is that 2002-09 period. It really seemed like they broke the cycle of the previous 40 years. But it was just a temporary hiatus. 1961-2001 = 2010-22. 2002-09 was an aberration. 

And let's be honest: The Angels are a bit of a laughingstock. How many articles mock the Angels' inability to win, despite spending money, having Trout--and now Ohtani. 

It's just gonna get worse when Ohtani leaves, and Trout retires without a playoff win.

I don't know what I did to deserve this but I wish I never knew what baseball was.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

It's just gonna get worse when Ohtani leaves, and Trout retires without a playoff win.

I don't know what I did to deserve this but I wish I never knew what baseball was.

Back in the 90s I tried switching to other teams, but failed. At least then I knew they'd suck. Now we've got the ghost of 2002-09 over us. 

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ohtani will leave for sure. Enjoy it while it lasts, fellas.

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

There's something wrong with this whole organization. It's a culture of losing.

They're a bunch of nice guys that can't win. No backbone. This is the annual early summer meltdown where the whole team forgets how to play baseball no matter the amount of talent on the roster until the annual late August/September surge when they're 15 games out. 

51 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Back in the 90s I tried switching to other teams, but failed. At least then I knew they'd suck. Now we've got the ghost of 2002-09 over us. 

I've never left, and I'm 45 seasons into this. The only season I though there was no way in Hell they could make the playoffs even if everything went right was 1992. 

3 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

I've never left, and I'm 45 seasons into this. The only season I though there was no way in Hell they could make the playoffs even if everything went right was 1992. 

That's the hard thing about being an Angels fan: they're never terrible, just consistently mediocre. I mean, look at their franchise record: 4839-4861, just a bit below .500. Perfect.

1 hour ago, failos said:

Ohtani will leave for sure. Enjoy it while it lasts, fellas.

I wouldn’t let him walk….if we can’t sign him, I’d trade him….no package would be enough but I wouldn’t let him walk….

33 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

That's the hard thing about being an Angels fan: they're never terrible, just consistently mediocre. I mean, look at their franchise record: 4839-4861, just a bit below .500. Perfect.

I think they actually got to 32 games over.500 during the 2015 season, but it's been a mess ever since.

I'll always have 2002. I remember when my uncle spent the whole Summer of 1984 watching his beloved Cubs on WGN. He knew it was probably his last chance to see them win a World Series, and Garvey crushed his dream. 

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

I wouldn’t let him walk….if we can’t sign him, I’d trade him….no package would be enough but I wouldn’t let him walk….

The guy wants to win, and trading him will result in a huge backlash. All the team can do is try to do is win at least some playoff games and re-sign him. I personally worry that Eppler will snatch him away.

4 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

They're a bunch of nice guys that can't win. No backbone. This is the annual early summer meltdown where the whole team forgets how to play baseball no matter the amount of talent on the roster until the annual late August/September surge when they're 15 games out. 

No Ryan’s, Baylors, Grichs, or Downings exist to lay down the law to any slackers.