• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Patrick O’Neil and Gubi are going to Houston to call the games in person

The whole broadcast thing is just another thing taking place off the field that makes more news than what's happening on the field... well, sort of anyway. It's a little annoying. 

I definitely miss Victor Rojas.

I also like Mark Langston on the radio.  I wish he was on TV doing color, but I don't mind Gubi as much as I used to.

It's just hard to understand how a major market team can't get this thing right.

The Apple TV broadcast was painful, like having the most annoying couple in the world sitting behind me for the whole game. For the other games I always listen to the Away feed, it's usually much more entertaining and more informative as they share how our rivals view our players, I get a new voice to listen to every few days, and I don't have to listen to Gubi cream his pants (underwear) every time an Angel does something vaguely competent. Try it - but maybe not beginning with the Astros' crew, they are a bit annoying, but then everything about the bloody Astros is annoying.

7 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

The Apple TV broadcast was painful, like having the most annoying couple in the world sitting behind me for the whole game. For the other games I always listen to the Away feed, it's usually much more entertaining and more informative as they share how our rivals view our players, I get a new voice to listen to every few days, and I don't have to listen to Gubi cream his pants (underwear) every time an Angel does something vaguely competent. Try it - but maybe not beginning with the Astros' crew, they are a bit annoying, but then everything about the bloody Astros is annoying.

It was beyond brutal.

Even though Katie Nolan is easy on the eyes, she’s awful on the ears.  That broadcast was muted by the 2nd inning at my house.

9 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

This is perfectly stated, mate. 

Cheers. 

44 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I just watched that documentary on Boeing on Netflix ...  Good lord...

Yep. What's sad is that they seemed like an awesome company for decades until they sold out to a bunch of Wall Street bros.

I love Langston, Terry Smith is whatever. You account for a lot of missed pitches per game, long speeches that cover a whole batter, 2-3 pitches, but he is relatively informative. 

They really need a guy that becomes their guy and makes the broadcast enjoyable to watch. If O'Neal wants that, let him grow into it with Gubi. When I lived in Chicago, I loved watching Cubs games. Same announcers that loved the team and were homers. It's always better when your broadcast guys are invested in the team; anyone who wants impartiality in a local broadcast is dumb. 

30 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Terry Smith is whatever.

Read this as slowly as you possibly can. I can't freaking stand it.

"Matt Duffy is a uh......a guy that the Angels picked up late this past Winter......i'm sure Joe Maddon is hoping to......get a lot of use out of him this season. He's a guy that could be plugged in......just about anywhere and who can do a lot of things.

That one misses."

8 hours ago, Tank said:

the consensus seems to be that bally is doing this to save some bucks. assuming gubi and o'neal fly on the team charter, the major expense for bally sports is the hotel room? outside of very few other expenses, how much are we talking about paying for two tv broadcasters to travel with the team for 81 games? if bally can drop $50 mil on the halos each year to broadcast the games, i think they ought to be able to afford paying for the broadcasters to travel with the team.

Dual twin beds, one room.