• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Patrick O’Neil and Gubi are going to Houston to call the games in person

Why is the Angels broadcast studio in Santa Monica? Makes no sense. The article mentions that the broadcasts are originating from a new studio there and implies that might be the cause of the issues, though both the Angels and Bally declined to comment. 

Edited by jsnpritchett

I grew up with Enberg & Drysdale in the booth. Bob Starr, Joe Buttitia, etc.

I liked Steve Physioc & the Hud man - and hated Victor Rojas & Gubi. But - that pair grew on me like 2 dudes hanging out talking baseball & I was the third wheel.

When Victor left to gain experience on being a GM - the Halos fudged up the process. Patrick O'Neil is fine. He loves the Halos & he's knows the sport. He's getting better 

At least he's there live - not in Jersey watching on his TV.

KINGS fans hate Alex Faust (cuz he's no Bob Miller) but as soon as the team has the "national broadcasters" on TNT or ESPN - fans can't wait to have Alex & Jim Fox back.

I blame the Bally's joke of a set up & Arte the cheapy...Over pays for old players yet effs over his own minor leaguers. 

The remote Vasgersian is definitely minor league stuff.  

January 2010 Tar Heel Traveler videos :: WRAL.com

Except the current setup is worse than that, because we can see with our own eyes Vaspergian is 5 seconds behind the play.   And he and Gubicza constantly stepping on each other is just embarrassing.  

But to be honest, as bad as that is, given the choice between O'Neal and that train wreck, I had to think about it.   O'Neal is just awful.

I grew up with guys like Enberg and Drysdale and, yes, Scully - I can't believe we can't find an adequate announcer.  Just adequate.

To me, I think someone needs to come from radio first - I'm always doing something with the game on - I rarely can just sit and watch tv.  So, I often only know something happened because of the crowd noise, and I have to go to the tv to find out "what" - (lately, it's Matty V. making a fly-out sound like a grand slam.)   Doesn't hurt to maybe give me some some words to tell me what's happened.  

the consensus seems to be that bally is doing this to save some bucks. assuming gubi and o'neal fly on the team charter, the major expense for bally sports is the hotel room? outside of very few other expenses, how much are we talking about paying for two tv broadcasters to travel with the team for 81 games? if bally can drop $50 mil on the halos each year to broadcast the games, i think they ought to be able to afford paying for the broadcasters to travel with the team.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

the consensus seems to be that bally is doing this to save some bucks. assuming gubi and o'neal fly on the team charter, the major expense for bally sports is the hotel room? outside of very few other expenses, how much are we talking about paying for two tv broadcasters to travel with the team for 81 games? if bally can drop $50 mil on the halos each year to broadcast the games, i think they ought to be able to afford paying for the broadcasters to travel with the team.

Based on what we’ve heard, everyone is being teflonec.  No one wants to admit to being behind this amateur operation that is televised broadcasting.

Most teams have gone back to live broadcasting.

Edited by Angel Oracle

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

Some billion dollar organizations have been known to literally kill people in order to save a few bucks, so this kind of thing isn't much of a surprise.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Don't forget meals and ground transportation.