• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Opening Day Gameday Thread: Astros vs. Angels (4-7-2022)

Chuck

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Yes. One was an excuse-me-swing single the opposite away and the other was an infield hit in which a good throw would have gottend him out.

What more do you want out of a cleanup hitter in a Maddon lineup using players assembled by Minasian?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

tonight's prediction: Adell 4/5, 2 2B, 1 HR, 3 RBI, and throws a runner out at home

*even though he was trying to throw to second base

I'm guessing he'll be benched in favor of Jose Rojas. Another spectacular outfielder. 

Marsh is elite defensively and I thought Adell made HUGE strides last season and in ST in the outfield. 

Hopefully it was just a bad night and his vision was just off..

I wasn't able to sharing some media game notes prior to the game yesterday but here's some I thought I'd share.

LEADING OFF: 2022 represents the Angels 62nd MLB season…Today marks the 9,654th regular season game in team history. LAA holds an all-time record of 4,812-4,848-3 (.499)…On Opening Day, Halos are 31-30 overall, (19-16 at home and 12-14 on the road all-time).

THIS DATE IN ANGELS HISTORY April 7 (2008) Torii Hunter connects for a walk-off grand slam in the 9th inning vs. Cleveland – it was the 7th walkoff slam in club history; (1978) After throwing a complete game shutout on Opening Day of 1977, Tanana accomplished the same feat the following season with a 1-0 defeat of the Oakland A’s in Anaheim; (1974) The Halos play to a 4-4 tie in 10 innings at Chicago – the last time the club has tied a game and just the third tie in club history. (1970) Andy Messersmith threw the first complete game shutout on Opening Day in Angels history in a 12-0 blanking of the Milwaukee Brewers.

REIGNING MVP AS OPENING DAY STARTING PITCHER:

(Expansion Era)

2022: Shohei Ohtani

2015: Clayton Kershaw

2012: Justin Verlander

1969: Bob Gibson

1969: Denny McLain

1964: Sandy Koufax

OPENING DAY STAPLE: With a start in CF today, Mike Trout would be making his 10th consecutive Opening Day start in center field…He would become the second Angels player to make at least 10 consecutive Opening Day starts at one position, joining Tim Salmon, who made a Club record 11 straight in right field from 1993-2003...Additionally, he will become the sixth player in Angels history to make 10+ Opening Day starts: Garret Anderson (14), Tim Salmon (13), Brian Downing (11), Darin Erstad (10) and Albert Pujols (10).

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 1.13.05 PM.png

Lots of Angels handled Valdez well with the exception of Ohtani, but he had their number last night.